Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the options, one is heated side mirrors. Why? I've never had heated side mirrors or missed them. I haven't owned a van before either, Is there something about big mirrors that makes it more desirable?

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Looking at the options, one is heated side mirrors. Why? I've never had heated side mirrors or missed them. I haven't owned a van before either, Is there something about big mirrors that makes it more desirable?
I never had self-defrosting mirrors and the only time I would enjoy it would be after an ice storm.

One option that would be more useful would be electrically adjustable mirrors, I hate to have to open the window to adjust the mirrors after my wife used the PM.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Apparently you have never lived in an area whee it snows a lot...mirrors freeze up rendering them useless...in a windowless van the mirrors are very important.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Also when changing altitude (hills, mountains, rain,etc) your mirrors will fog up. A must have if you put on a lot of highway miles. Just like semis.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in colorado. It snows a lot. I change altitude a lot, 5000-11000. Maybe its a wet snow thing. We get some wet spring snows though.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I live in colorado. It snows a lot. I change altitude a lot, 5000-11000. Maybe its a wet snow thing. We get some wet spring snows though.
I live in Colorado too. Up by Fort Collins. If you have never had ice freeze on your mirrors then you've been very lucky. If you have ice on your mirrors don't try and scrape it off as you will scratch the heck out of them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here in Western NY it's immensely helpful - snow and ice all winter and fog sometimes on humid summer mornings. I was constantly scraping/wiping (and knocking out of alignment in the process) the mirrors on my old truck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here in Canada those heated side mirrors are super useful. It really just comes down to how cold it gets in your area and how much ice and snow you get. Since you can't see out of the back of the van, it is pretty handy and makes things safer too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts