Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys gotten head rest recall? I've got 4 recalls, one of them I was told I had to pay out of pocket for because I have more than 36k miles on it. LOL.

I was told that it will be weeks before they can get parts for recalls and that I cannot leave the vehicle there because they don't have room on the lot.

One of the issues I'm having is electrical problem, caused both headlights and both break lights to go out. One of the recalls is an electrical corrosion recall. I stated I cannot legally drive without break lights and they let me leave it there.

Now I read online that the headset recall is hardware while dealer states its only software update.

Which one is it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I have had so many issues with this vehicle, over 25 service appointment, non-maintenance related.....I am going to try and start with the buy back program with chrysler.

Been told that I have to pay for the rapid response recall out of pocket because Im over 36k miles. But when I attempted to do that recall while under 36k they didn't have parts.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I got the headrest recall done 2 months ago. Im still under warranty though. 4 recalls total.
headrest,battery cover,TPMS,and wiring harness for my heated mirrors all done
good luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was the headrest recall an actual new headrest or was is just software update. I read online there is too big of a gap.

"The problem with these vehicles is that they have been assembled with head restraints that do not conform to the standard. The concern is that the allowable gap between the occupant’s head and the restraint may be too big. It should be noted that the automaker conducts the recall on a voluntary basis. Chrysler is not aware of any injuries or crashes due to the defect."

·
Registered
604 Posts
From what others on here have said, it's replacing the headrest. Seems like most had two trips... The first they look at it. The second, after the dealer gets one, install it. Seems pretty dumb on chyslers part.

Haven't done mine yet. I'm waiting until I have a better reason to waste time at the dealer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You they apparently fixed the electrical issue today and ordered parts for recalls that are on back order. Suppose to pick my van up tomorrow and get a call when the parts arrive.

They also replaced the headlight bulbs and break light bulbs for free.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You they apparently fixed the electrical issue today and ordered parts for recalls that are on back order. Suppose to pick my van up tomorrow and get a call when the parts arrive.

They also replaced the headlight bulbs and break light bulbs for free.
So they replaced the lights then broke them! I'd be pissed!

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. I have all those recalls but haven't gone in. I figure if I'm not having problems I don't really care. I'll take it in when they get their act together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Up to you of course, but I would think about getting the battery area corrosion one. Its a pretty extensive list of things that they do to the whole area around the batteries -- it involves waterproofing some components, install drip shields, and installing drain holes. It takes 2 hours of labor.
I think you might be in for some trouble down the line if you don't have them do it?

Gary

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see a lot of attorneys advertising certain 2014 models of promaster as lemons.

I will link shortly to the source.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
On top of replacing my burned bulbs for free which would've cost me right under $100 at the dealer.

My AC controll recall part came in for the heated mirrors I was suppose to have but never knew that.

They asked to keep the van for another night to install the heated mirror ac controller.

Finally I have found a dealer who seems to know what they are doing..

Dupage chrysler in Glendale Heights IL GREAT JOB!

Now just have to wait for other recalls parts to come in, hopefully that will happen soon.

And hopefully they release the parts for the breaks squeaking.

I have 56k miles on my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
GrassHopper I think some of us were goofing off on your spelling on the word brake.
Heads up!:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AHHHH breaking something and brake lights. It's because english is not my first language! It sounded the same, I didn't even realize that.

Thank you for pointing that out I just got a good laugh out of that haha!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Electrical issues

One of the issues I'm having is electrical problem, caused both headlights and both break lights to go out. One of the recalls is an electrical corrosion recall. I stated I cannot legally drive without break lights and they let me leave it there.
Can you share any info on the electrical issues you mentioned, I've changed my headlights 4 times in under 2 years and they aren't cheap knockoffs.
Went to the nearest service center when the first replacement went within 2 weeks and they said there's no electrical issue but it has happened 3 more times since and it's very frustrating.

I'm fed up with the dealers service centers, they take a work vehicle for a small job, promise to have it ready by a specific time and then keep the vehicle for a week because they ordered the wrong parts....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts