Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was bored sitting in my Promaster with the ignition off waiting for someone to show up. A car came speeding through our apartment parking lot. It is dark out and the guy speeding irritated me due to the fact we have young kids that he could hit if they came walking out between the cars into the driveway. So I quickly went hit the lever to flash my high beams as they passed the Promaster, to my surprise the lights didn't turn off once I released the lever, and the dash message center said "Follow Me 30s" I clicked the high beam lever again it went to 60s, I kept clicking it and it maxed out at 230s, and would not turn off till it counted down.

I never knew this was an option figured I would make a post just in case others didn't know.

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
Handy to get to the door from the driveway. Actually it is on page 95 of my 2015 owners manual with directions for deactivation you didn’t discover.

"Follow Me Home/Headlight Delay
When this feature is selected the driver can choose to have the headlights remain on for a preset period of time.
Activation
Remove the key or turn the ignition to the OFF/LOCK position, and pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel, within two minutes. Each time the lever is pulled, the activation of the lights will be extended by 30 seconds. The activation of the lights can be extended to a maximum of 210 seconds.
The warning light on the instrument panel will light up and the corresponding message will appear in the EVIC display for as long as the function is activated. The warning light comes on when the lever is operated and stays on until the function is automatically deactivated. Each movement of the lever only increases the amount of time the lights stay on.
Deactivation
Pull the multifunction lever toward the steering wheel and hold it for more than two seconds.”

As they say RTF’inM LOL

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Wow, I had no idea you could do this and I RTFM! Does this apply to '14's also, I wonder? I'll have to try it in the morning when I get outa bed;)

·
Administrator
11,542 Posts
Just tried this and although I do get the "follow me" message and can change the length of time, nothing happens when I start the van up with the lights on and then shut it off. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,533 Posts
It's not automatic.
Just tried this and although I do get the "follow me" message and can change the length of time, nothing happens when I start the van up with the lights on and then shut it off. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,533 Posts
It is set up for us stealthy type that don't want to announce are arrival. Headlights don't have to be turned on, key does not need be in the ignition but just recently removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.