Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read about several of you breaking the extremely fragile plastic clip on the headlights. Well, I just joined the club. Assuming that folks have found replacements somewhere? Couldn't find anything in search or google...suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I haven't had the problem yet, so not sure this is good info, but I came across this part number for a headlight retainer clip when I was researching how to make aftermarket LEDs fit - part number 6510654AA.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Are you talking about the clip that holds the bulb in place inside the headlight? Mine broke but no issues with the lights that I have installed. I also had the tabs on the trim piece surrounding the light break too. That piece still hangs on with no problem. The bulb clips are probably the dumbest thing I have seen. Very poorly made and designed.

Tyler,
I had bad luck with the LED bulbs I put in. They lasted less than 6 months. The LED got so hot the diode came unglued and the bulbs went out. After getting a refund from the Amazon seller, I bought HID kits with Anti-Flicker Warning Cancellers. The ballast and the cancellers all fit in the headlight assembly. The HID bulbs will last longer than the stock hallogen bulbs and dont cost much more. I hope they last longer than the LEDs I had too.

The only problem with upgrading to HID or LED bulbs is they have to be "glued" in to place. Another member here used high-temp RTV gasket seal, which I have used successfully to "glue" in LED bulbs then "unglue" them to "glue" in HID bulbs. Works well and not that tough to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts