Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switched to LED bulbs a long time ago. Currently at over 100k miles and my driver side light went out. Initially thought it was the LED and thought it weird it went out so early. Took it out replaced with a new LED and still no luck. Checked the F12 and F13 fuse and both are fine. Even switched them around to make sure and no luck still. Relay is good since the passenger side light works still. Any other parts I should check? BTW high beams still work. I'm thinking it's a wire somewhere. The next step I'm contemplating is checking with a voltmeter everywhich way I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m assuming these are the day time running and not the low beams?

If it’s the day time running it’s a wiring issue possibly, try smacking the side of the headlight and see if the day time running comes on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@rocketfish ; this has just happened to me, but passenger side. Bulb and fuses are good and trying to find a layout for the relays has so far escaped me. I’m headed to the shop tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Follow up. The electrical was all good and the fix was using a MOPAR factory bulb - L0000H7LL. To me, it seems bizarre, if not illegal, that an aftermarket lightbulb doesn’t work in a socket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
Yes KOV I agree. The *CAN BUS decides if the circuit is good to go and programed to work and if so it will turn on the power. You must talk nice to the CAN BUS, bow and grovel to it really.
* Computer Area Network electrical bus.

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
Let there be light, and the CANBUS lit up🙏

1 - 7 of 7 Posts