Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah its not too bad, i've taken mine out a few times. There's three 10mm bolts holding the headlight in with three phillips screws holding two small panel around them. It's pretty simple.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It's optional in the U.S. . If you order daytime running lights they come with a separate light so your not burning the regular lights out. You can program the headlights to stay on as daytime running lights if you didn't order them but I've heard they have a fairly short lifespan.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Any part/manufacturer number for the best headlamp replacement? I like to have spares for every company truck. Glad they are not a nightmare to change.

Prefer aftermarket, brighter white bulbs, not blue (too far) though.

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
My owners manual says H7LL headlights. Does anyone know the difference between them and plain old H7's? Are the H77LL's the ones to get as spares? I'd also like to have a few spares in the van.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The "LL" of the H7LL just means "long life." They are physically interchangeable.

I'd recommend buying whatever is least expensive (among reputable brands), especially just to keep on hand as spares.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Nobody seems to understand this, but you WANT regular old incandescent bulbs in your vehicles. You DON'T want any kind of LED, or HID, or anything like that.

Why? Cost. The HIDs require a transformer, and I think the LEDs do as well. So when that konks out you are into it for many hundreds of dollars, not to mention the bulbs which can also be several hundred dollars. No. You WANT regular $10 bulbs. If you can't see, add some lights.

Watch this, skip to 5:05
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScT0thDVfoQ

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nobody seems to understand this, but you WANT regular old incandescent bulbs in your vehicles. You DON'T want any kind of LED, or HID, or anything like that.

Why? Cost. The HIDs require a transformer, and I think the LEDs do as well. So when that konks out you are into it for many hundreds of dollars, not to mention the bulbs which can also be several hundred dollars. No. You WANT regular $10 bulbs. If you can't see, add some lights.

:eek: OUCH!!!!! $3000+ for a head light assembly??? Absolutely nuts! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
The "LL" of the H7LL just means "long life." They are physically interchangeable.

I'd recommend buying whatever is least expensive (among reputable brands), especially just to keep on hand as spares.

Thanks, that's good to know! I agree cheap is better:)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

This is Sooooooo inaccurate it's really quite amazing that you would post this. Especially in this day and age when you can simply do a Google search. Hid technology has come down in price immensely. You can get a pair of bulbs and transformers for less then $100 online. Most last quite a while and use less power then an incandescent bulb.

I was referring to aftermarket systems not the factory ones shown in the video.

If you give it sometime you may also compare the led technology to when automotive manufacturers started moving away from sealed beams.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The led bulbs are more efficient and very bright. The bulbs will last forever.
Here is a link for some H-7 bulbs on ebay. 20 watt draw per bulb versus 55 watts or 6 amps less draw for the 2 headlights combined. Change out the other vehicle bulbs and there would another 5 amp savings for a total of 11 amps load reduction on the alternator.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Newest-4800LM-40W-CREE-LED-Headlight-Kit-9005-9006-H7-H8-H9-H11-6000K-/151408647589?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2340a89da5&vxp=mtr

1 - 15 of 15 Posts