Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Time to head to the Lakes of NH and bid a temporary good buy to the beauty of the Sonoran Desert.

Our winter in the sun has been a good one with three trips to interesting parks, work on the Campervan, and a month hiatus to assist our Son's family as his wife fights breast cancer. Thankfully she is doing well.

A week in Joshua Tree National Park camping, hiking and exploring in early January let us use the diesel Espar heater in the mooring and evenings while sitting at the dinette reading and having that first cup of joe. It did prove to me that we needed some sort of entertainment for the long evenings of cold and dark.

KeepOnVaning visited and I had a chance to consider his video setup with the Samsung TV with the DC converter cord and USB input for video.
We spent a week in Anza Borrego state park in CA in early February with warmer nights and company from a pair of freinds tenting with us. They joined us each morning for coffee and a bit'o warmth as it was still chilly. BTW they have since bought a 13" Casita trailer, their first RV.

I got to work and bought a 19" Samsung, an additional cord to run it on 12 volts and a simple wall mount. With KOV's help I got some English shows downloaded and added to my 32 GB usb thumbdrive and headed to Death valley in March. My wife and her women cousins were meeting in Lost Wages, NA for a reunion and I had no intention of being around. The campervan was a great single person camp rig. I had no bed to open or make, one person to cook for, freedom to hike more and one of the most beautiful places to visit. It doesn't get better. Evenings were spent watching Doc Martin- what a character! Thanks KOV, your bill for staying is in the mail >:D!

The plan is to see the Gulf of Mexico and the FL Keys on the way to NH. I'll post progress.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,980 Posts
Great! That means you'll be around when we get to NH, probably early May. I'll try not to tell your wife you said it's better without her than with her. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,877 Posts
I suspect she already knows that!

Have a good trip home RD
(;

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,980 Posts
I totally agree that soloing in the van is stupendous. If it weren't for the shop and the cats, it wouldn't be hard for me to turn into a full-timer, even in my 136".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts