Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the pos oem single din radio with this Jensen vx7020 and aftermarket camera. I bought everything from amazon. Metra parts 95-6523 dash kit. 70-1784 harness. 40-vw10 antenna adaptor. 86-5618 single din radio removal tool. For that camera I chose the rvs-771by rear view safety. Very straightforward install with these parts. I mounted the camera in back right where the middle running light was because the hole was the perfect size. I just left the running light connected on the inside of the van so it wouldn't cause any bulb alarms or whatever. I've read all the lights are measured by the computer "so you'll know when a lights burns out". The touchscreen allows me to watch the camera at all times when I touch an icon. I did not wire the camera into the reverse light because I didn't see it in the dash but I may wire that later because it would be convenient. The camera came with a super long cable and I routed it up the passenger side. The hole that the radio sits in has more access to the passenger side. The GPS antenna and microphone I routed on top of the dash by removing the clip board and then replacing the clipboard right down on top of the wires by the windshield. I wanted to use the existing oem camera feed but it has incompatible connectors and its fairly easy to run the new cable. The camera has sound which I also hooked up for some reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No but this was a first for me and it went well. You need a second pair of hands mounting the camera though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts