Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
I've owned three Sprinters, two Promasters and Chevy vans. The Promaster has been the most unreliable and most costly. I've driven another four Promasters, and between the six, I have over 650,000 miles of driving. The chronic issues that Ram still has not fixed are the coolant leak and the rocker arms/tappets. If your truck is ticking, at least one rocker arm has failed. This 3.6 Gas engine has this problem also in Dodge and Jeep vehicles.

All of the Promasters had coolant leaks that I could smell, including the new one with only 3000 miles.

As for the Promaster I own now, after four years I've spent $14,000 on repairs, with $2,000 in the last 30 days, and I can't get rid of the van because I'm so far upside down. Buying Promasters have been the absolutely worst business mistake I've ever made.

Registered
Buying Promasters have been the absolutely worst business mistake I've ever made.
馃槼

even if the new purchase price of your 2 PMs were added together and you got no use out of them then I assume $80k 鈥漚bsolutely worst business mistake鈥 ?

From where I sit I would say excellent job 馃憤 if that is the worst mistake you have made

Registered
馃槼

even if the new purchase price of your 2 PMs were added together and you got no use out of them then I assume $80k 鈥漚bsolutely worst business mistake鈥 ?

From where I sit I would say excellent job 馃憤 if that is the worst mistake you have made
We have 3 PM's all with 350-580k. Best vehicles we have ever bought. A lot of repairs but over all if you do your maintenance and keep your eyes open they are very good vans. Had a sprinter if anyone has extra $$$$ and you want to spend it buy a couple of sprinter vans... The PM's are half the money and you can work them just as hard...

Registered
In September, 2015, pblue said, 鈥淚'm getting rid of this van and going back to a Sprinter.鈥 I guess he didn鈥檛 listen to himself.
Good Catch 馃憤

We probably won鈥檛 listen to him either, so inculding himself that will make ... All of Us

Maybe KOV will bring on a couple of beer photos 馃榿

21 - 28 of 28 Posts