Ram Promaster Forum banner

Has anyone tried out this LED Headlight & Fog light kit

775 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  sontzx
This kit is on Ebay and advertised to be a perfect fit for all Promasters 2014-18 @ $40.36 with free shipping. I've also looked at the $300 kit from Open Glass which includes High beams but doesn't include the fog light bulbs. I'm not concerned about switching high beams as I don't get to use them a lot. Can anyone explain why it is worth (or not worth) spending an additional $260? assuming high beams are not required (but I do have fog lights). I'm sure one issue is whether those bulb adaptors are needed for the Ebay kit to fit properly.
Thanks, Bill
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
2018 136" HR
1,257 Posts
I don't think any of the cheaper h7 led bulbs fit our headlight housing without modification(rtv/glue). Open Glass will fit because it come with the 3d printed adapter. Its higher price because he spend hours designing it so its a true plug and play.

· Registered
9 Posts
I don't think any of the cheaper h7 led bulbs fit our headlight housing without modification(rtv/glue). Open Glass will fit because it come with the 3d printed adapter. Its higher price because he spend hours designing it so its a true plug and play.
There are H7 LED bulbs that don't have the big heat sinks and maybe fans that you see in most LED headlight bulbs. They fit the housing without mods. Trouble is, AFAIK they run too hot and then fail early--after, say, a year. Proof that in physics there are no free lunches. They are also less bright.

· Registered
9 Posts
This kit is on Ebay and advertised to be a perfect fit for all Promasters 2014-18 @ $40.36 with free shipping. I've also looked at the $300 kit from Open Glass which includes High beams but doesn't include the fog light bulbs. I'm not concerned about switching high beams as I don't get to use them a lot. Can anyone explain why it is worth (or not worth) spending an additional $260? assuming high beams are not required (but I do have fog lights). I'm sure one issue is whether those bulb adaptors are needed for the Ebay kit to fit properly.
Thanks, Bill
I looked at the eBay listings. It shows two kinds of LED bulbs: ones with heat sinks aft of the socket, and ones without. The ones without will probably fit just fine in a Promaster headlight nacelle. However, without a proper heat sink they're unlikely to last long--I'd give them a year in normal use. The ones with a proper heat sink don't look like there's any way they'd fit without an adaptor or you doing some mods yourself. When they say it's a fit I think they just mean it's an H7, which it is, or an H11 (for the fog lights). I suspect the fog lights will fit but I don't know that for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts