Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have a 118, my venting window options with a "factory" look are non existent in the USA.

I contacted one UK firm and they don't ship, still waiting to hear back from another UK firm: http://www.vanpimps.co.uk/

The listing for windows are different between fixed and sliding:

L1 SWB fixed windows: 1260 x 665 mm

L1 SWB sliding windows:1230 x 665 mm

My OEM Sliding Door Window matches the L1 SWB fixed window measurements.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nurse Ben, same here, looking for side windows for my 118 inch WB , have factory rears, but want the 4 side fixed windows that look OEM ! If anyone knows where to purchase chime in? CRL does not offer for the 118

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ben, I talked to the guys @ Van Pimps & yes they have everything we need for the 118 inch WB Windows, & very reasonable price wise! but they will not ship to US! Bummer

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a single email exchange with a vendor in the UK: http://www.vanwindowsdirect.co.uk/category/380/FIAT-DUCATO-2007-ON-SWB

They would ship, no idea as to cost, but when I asked about the sizing discrepancies... they never got back to me.

I would imagine that the cost of shipping would be at least as much or more than the cost of the windows.

I'd like to find a US Vendor who would bring these windows in, but that's a lot of risk.

I'd take two side windows that open (slider and opposite bulkhead).

Ben, I talked to the guys @ Van Pimps & yes they have everything we need for the 118 inch WB Windows, & very reasonable price wise! but they will not ship to US! Bummer

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a single email exchange with a vendor in the UK: http://www.vanwindowsdirect.co.uk/category/380/FIAT-DUCATO-2007-ON-SWB

They would ship, no idea as to cost, but when I asked about the sizing discrepancies... they never got back to me.

I would imagine that the cost of shipping would be at least as much or more than the cost of the windows.

I'd like to find a US Vendor who would bring these windows in, but that's a lot of risk.

I'd take two side windows that open (slider and opposite bulkhead).
Witch windows you need? I live in Europe so i can help.

·
Registered
2015 Promaster 3500 159 Ext gas silver
190 Posts
Miro
A generous proposal but unless you have a business I wouldn't inflict it on you. Plus shipping from Europe and possible import duty could be a real pain. I'm in the market for a passenger side slider awning style window (big as will fit in 159 Hi), preferably double pane Seitz type, and will keep looking for a US based supplier. There is no big rush as it won't hold up my camper conversion. I think euro style B conversions are coming to the US, and appropriate windows will come with them.
Bill

Show me what parts you need. I live in Europe
Miro

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
I have ordered a lot of parts from Europe to the USA and never, ever had any kind of duty or customs charges added on.

Two years ago I ordered 4 tires for my 2CV from England and they came in the mail with a label simply attached to each one! No problemo! Of course they were half the USA price, including mailing and (as they were 135/15) not overly big or heavy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd like to get some Fiamma parts that don't seem to be stocked by Fiamma, USA but both them and eBay vendors from the UK ignore any emails I send. Frustrating.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ben , I have located a supplier for our 118 inch windows! If u care to call me I will give u the info? Too much to type 540-586-0612 Tommy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry to bring back an old thread, just thought I'd share my experience. Last year I purchased some windows from a U.K. Supplier who doesn't ship overseas. They packed the windows in a cheap scrap wood crate knowing I was an international customer and said they were ready for my courier to pick up (only way to get them state side). So I arranged fed ex and paid extra for insurance, about a week and a half and they arrived... broken. I immediately submitted a claim for the insurance I purchased and did everything they requested. But after about 6 months of fighting they basically said there's no coverage for any glass in shipping overseas (even though I specifically made sure the added insurance online form had it as coverage) and they would not refund any of the payments (i.e. Refund the shipping costs) I had to just call it a loss. And I also had to pay a customs $40 fee

My words of wisdom is that if you attempt to purchase any, to get complete packing proof before they start the journey and make sure it has a full plywood crate filled with foam or packing peanuts to immobilize the windows before you scheduled your courier to pick them up.

It's just tough to swallow crlawrence windows with a small vent at the bottom is about the only factory looking operable window option stateside considering in Europe their minibus vans have a half slider windows from the factory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts