Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add two captain seats in the second row to create a dining area with the two front swivel seats. Problem is the dropped floor. Has anyone raised the floor and added seats smilar to the Winnebago Tavado 59g or the Hymer Aktiv? Sportsmobile won't do it because they don have the resources to certify the seats in that area.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you are looking for a commercially available platform to put seats on, I don't know of anyone offering one because of the reason you stated. The few forum members that have a platform have built it themselves knowing the risks involved. I built my own and have been very happy with its performance so far, but the potential risk of failure in an accident is always there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Seem to me that two long 6" x 6" wood boards under the standard seat bracket with long, strong bolts would be very secure. (like 2x4's only bigger)

I know it's 6" because that's the height of my full floor basement, and the floor on my build is even with the front floor. I don't have extra passenger seats tho... just two couches with a lap belt on each, attached thru the wood floor directly thru the metal van floor with DOT approved hardware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts