Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

Just checking if any users have installed one of CRL's sunroof units in their PM. I'm considering this model: https://www.dkhardware.com/sfc-15-x...ss-ap1530b5h-product-28772.html#product-files

Curious about how the installation went, how happy you are with the product overall, and another more specific question - how far does it open? Is it limited by the latch, or can you open it further?

Thanks in advance!
HD & Cherry

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't do it. Everyone I've known who has put that style of sunroof in their cars has had them leak.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,547 Posts
I've done a similar version in a different size in the past. Not hard to do... no leaks. The gaskets that are used where the glass meets the trim is good stuff. The clamped on trim ring goes on the same way as the CRL side windows and I haven't heard of one complaint of leaking on the forum yet! No complaints from others who have used the same one listed on their Promaster.

The clips at one edge are un-clippable, so you can actually remove the glass quite easily if you'd like. When you open it with the latches attached, there is one position that it stays in.

HD&C, PM me!

ed

·
Registered
220 Posts
I used to install similar ones as a side business (looong time ago) and never had a leak. I've been thinking about installing that same model in my PM instead of a domed fan unit. I would build a panel with a reversible fan to fit inside the open sunroof. When removed I'd have lots of light.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed one just like it (don't remember the model but looks the same) it opens about 2.5" and you can remove the glass completely in about 45seconds without tools by unclipping the hinges and latch. It works great to leave open during the day to let the heat out. My only complaint is whenever you forget to close it and it rains. Installed in about 1.5hrs using a lot of blue tape on the roof, a towel draped inside with strong magnets holding it up and a jig saw with a fine tooth metal blade. I used the paper template to help align and then used the actual frame to complete the marks for the cut (paper template was off about 3/16" overall)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts