Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kammok fabric hammock and its long and fits great inside the PM. I used the headrest bars together (for 2 points of pressure to distribute the load) and 2 more points at the back side where I have a wall mounted MacTrac system with rings. The distance and caribeeners used allow for quick set up and excellent strength without having to set a custom mount for it. Works on both sides of van so I could feasibly sleep 2 this way (in addition to bed panel set up and sleeper sofa set up) for total of 6 sleeping in our 136WB high roof. Good thing we have 2 vents and 2 side windows that open. Was a pleasant discovery that's flexible. Love that in a solution for my van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I've spent hundreds of hours in a hammock, mostly on the trail but also in one of our homes.
Depending on the hang angle large forces can be applied to the anchor points....in your case the head rest.
Go here and see how much force will be applied-
https://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/
On the Appalachian Trail a hiker suspended his hammock in a shelter and pull down a wall, just saying it can
be a force far greater than your weight and I honestly don't know how strong a head rest is but something to
ponder.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm planning on adding hammock hanging points in our van. I've looked all over for places that hopefully will be able to handle the stress. One place is in front on the passenger side on the right wall of the above cab storage. It bulges out there and looks like three layers of metal. There is a hole there that we drilled through and a bolt will go through without interfering with the sliding door. On the rear we plan to hang it above the double door by inserting a piece of 1/4" aluminum plate that spans across several of the "holes" and bolting through the vertical sections. We plan to mount climbing bolt hangers at these two points to clip into.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
i've got my warbonnet blackbird anchored at the rear curb corner above the main upper horizontal beam. When i want to use it i clip the head end just behind the driver seat. I only put it in there as i though i'd be taking a trip to Hood River this week (wife is visiting family in Nevada) but the fires shutting down i84 put a stop to that plan. Maybe next week : )

Thom

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
i've got my warbonnet blackbird anchored at the rear curb corner above the main upper horizontal beam. When i want to use it i clip the head end just behind the driver seat. I only put it in there as i though i'd be taking a trip to Hood River this week (wife is visiting family in Nevada) but the fires shutting down i84 put a stop to that plan. Maybe next week : )

Thom

DO you have any pictures of your set-up? I would like to hang my BB in my Van as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts