Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to make a U-Turn in a congested area with oncoming traffic quickly approaching. Tried my best to swing right before making the u-turn but still knew I wasnt going to make it. Not enough time to back up and realign so I had to quickly approach the curb so my tire made contact, then slowly hop it to get myself out of there.

I know vans can usually take curbs without much thought, but the PMC doesnt feel as sturdy as the old e-350s or a big pickup like a silverado which just eats curbs like nothing.

Any idea how bad that is to do with a Promaster City?

I'm sure its terrible for tire alignment, and the tire seems to have taken all of the load as there are no other markings on the body or fender. Anything else I should be worried about or suggest they look at when servicing?

I've been babying my pmc since I got it, hoping to keep this one for the long term. This just bummed me out.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't worry, I got my old PMC stuck in 8" of mud and bottomed it out on another job site trying not to get stuck, in mud...again.... My new one has yet to get stuck and bottom out.
FYI, the factory tires are terrible in mud and the ground clearance is crap as well as the turing radius.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts