Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple times in the past two weeks I have started my PM and had a warning lamp on the dash stay on that looked like a cartoon of a lightbulb with rays radiating from it. Each time I just turned the motor off, waited 15 seconds and then restarted it. Light was cleared. Today it happened again. This time it told me the right turn signal didn't work. (It wasn't even on as I was parked in my driveway.) So I put the right signal on and got out to check. Both worked! Got back in and turned the signal off. Next it tells me the left signal isn't working! (Again, it wasn't even on.) So I turned it on and got out to look again. Yep. they worked! Got back in and turned it off. Warning lamp went out.

That was odd and that lamp is not even explained on the owners manual!

Is something like this even worth taking it to the dealer to be looked at?

·
Registered
182 Posts
A couple times in the past two weeks I have started my PM and had a warning lamp on the dash stay on that looked like a cartoon of a lightbulb with rays radiating from it. Each time I just turned the motor off, waited 15 seconds and then restarted it. Light was cleared. Today it happened again. This time it told me the right turn signal didn't work. (It wasn't even on as I was parked in my driveway.) So I put the right signal on and got out to check. Both worked! Got back in and turned the signal off. Next it tells me the left signal isn't working! (Again, it wasn't even on.) So I turned it on and got out to look again. Yep. they worked! Got back in and turned it off. Warning lamp went out.

That was odd and that lamp is not even explained on the owners manual!

Is something like this even worth taking it to the dealer to be looked at?
This?

https://www.yourmechanic.com/articl...ight-bulb-warning-light-mean-by-spencer-cates

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,255 Posts
Symbol, 2014 Ram Promaster Owners Manual page 117, item 8?

Page 120 2014 Ram Promaster Owners Manual

The External Light Failure Indicator will come on when a
failure to one of the following lights is detected:
• Side Marker Lights
• Brake Lights
• Direction Indicators
• Backup Lights
• Parking Lights
• Headlights
• Tail Lights
• D.R.L.
• Clearance Lights
• License Plate Lights
The failure relating to these lights could be: one or more
blown bulbs, a blown protection fuse or a break in the
electrical connection.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mine is currently on. It was interesting, I just had a headlight go out (again) and no dash light. I put a new bulb in and put the headlight assembly back in place, light comes on that right running light is out. Guess I'll order the bulb and do it all again.

Mine would go on and off for a while saying my license plate lights were out. It hasn't done it in a while but I got used to it...

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I have seen that “Light” on the dash twice. Both times when I turned on the lights. I turned them off and back on and it went away.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had both headlights fail, ( at the same time)
I drove home with my roof mount spot light : go light"
good thing I was only 2 miles from the house..lol

I never got the warning light on the dash..
is it possible the 2017 doesn't have it ?
\
both lights and the lighting module were replaced at the dealer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts