Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 White 1500 LR 118" WB
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One lesson learned quickly as a new van owner is that after every winter storm, is to clear the roof completely of all snow and ice. Nothing worse than hearing it slide all over the place when driving, or having large sections of it sliding forward down the windshield. This latest storm wasn't as bad amount wise, but still.

·
Registered
2019 - 3500EXT in OH
57 Posts
One lesson learned quickly as a new van owner is that after every winter storm, is to clear the roof completely of all snow and ice. Nothing worse than hearing it slide all over the place when driving, or having large sections of it sliding forward down the windshield. This latest storm wasn't as bad amount wise, but still. View attachment 71697
Sure, great idea. BUT, how do you get up high enough to do that? What do you use? Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Having owned large vans for many years I always struggled with removing the snow from them. Luckily I developed some new habits that actually fix the issue by simply driving the van and I'll happily share my secret.

Every Fall I get on I-75 in Michigan and head South until I get to South Florida! 😂. Then in the Spring I head back. Having endured more than my fair share of Winter weather, I'm done with it. If things go well I don't plan on ever having to shovel, plow, salt or de-ice my van again.

·
Registered
2020 White 1500 LR 118" WB
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In CT, you can get a ticket for driving around with snow on top...
Yeah pretty much the same here as well @proeddie - though not strictly enforced unless some sort of incident has happened? Previously, I have always cleaned off the roof of the vehicles that I've owned. Now, more so than ever because of the amount that can accumulate up there.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
1,995 Posts
Also important if you have PV panels on the roof that you are relying on to keep the house battery up between trips.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In CT, you can get a ticket for driving around with snow on top...
I wish that was the case here in CO, I always end up following vehicles billowing snow off the roof, or worse, having slabs break off on the highway and flip through the air and hit other cars.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here's how I tackled the "snow on roof" problem. Not sure how well it will work with lots of roof "obstacles," though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts