Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Following up from my previous guide on installing the aftermarket radio, I have another guide on how to install the backup camera.

This one involved a lot of trial and error, but once it's set it works great. If anyone has any advice on how to make the epoxy look better, I'm looking for suggestions as well.

https://medium.com/@chris_41792/guide-how-to-install-a-backup-camera-in-a-ram-promaster-city-db479dd2fe78

Let me know if there are any questions I can answer, and if you go through with the install, do share some pictures too!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
It does looks like you have factory installed back up sensors, on your Rear Bumper. Sensors need just for warning driver about minimum distance left , by piping to some thing? those reference left and right lines , showed on display are already in the cameras , looks like? I've asked for consultation in local shop that I've had their service in the past . The owner has told me it is possible to instal the rear view camera by wiring it to the factory radio, I will nor have the sensors measurement. my vehicle 2015 PMC (passenger version) does not have those, But it has holder for the camera and plastic made it for. Amazon has some factory cameras for sale, like this one for example.

https://www.amazon.com/RAAYOO-Universal-Installation-Guildlines-non-mirror/dp/B074P45P7G/ref=pd_rhf_se_p_img_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N7PY1EEDQ7BZQTYVSSZE

I just do not know if some after market cameras better than factory ones? Does radio need to do some things with software to be able to accept camera?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just do not know if some after market cameras better than factory ones? Does radio need to do some things with software to be able to accept camera?
I had a Sony aftermarket stereo unit installed that also has the Apple Car Play and Back Up camera. My odometer light started blinking after install so yes, ended up with the Maestro adapter kit to keep electronics calmed down. My van does not have the sensors, but the camera is a must have with the solid side panels for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts