Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
supposedly there is a service bulletin concerning grounding wires. I have a 2014 diesel and had been have the SEL light on and off, then the oil pressure light and various other warning lights. ALSO the issue of it NOT starting one day. I had read on here that someone else had the non start issue and it turned out to be grounding issues. THE DEALERS DONT ALWAY READ THE BULLETINS!!! so after getting the van back to the dealer it was purchased from (they actually drove 150 miles to switch it out) they removed the front facia and removed some ground wires and filed/scuffed the paint off. The paint was causing intermittent grounding.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Some of us have been suspecting a simple solution to all these lights. This is uber-simple, but may be hard to diagnoise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
supposedly there is a service bulletin concerning grounding wires. I have a 2014 diesel and had been have the SEL light on and off, then the oil pressure light and various other warning lights. ALSO the issue of it NOT starting one day. I had read on here that someone else had the non start issue and it turned out to be grounding issues. THE DEALERS DONT ALWAY READ THE BULLETINS!!! so after getting the van back to the dealer it was purchased from (they actually drove 150 miles to switch it out) they removed the front facia and removed some ground wires and filed/scuffed the paint off. The paint was causing intermittent grounding.
I just updated my post with the grounding issue
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=197753#post197753

One thing with ground problems it can show itself in strange ways

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have à starter trouble , it seem not ground
Is an other place that under driver floor that ground connect to the starter?
I Am able to activate the starter only if I connect ground to starter and bypass the Ignition swicht at the starter relay in the fuse box under the hood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts