Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't understand grille guards on PM.They add weight lengthen parking and not very good looking.just my humble opinion.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
To each their own but doesn’t it look a bit like a teenager’s teeth braces? OTOH it might be good for fending off the local javelinas!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think its pretty good. But it does block the fog lamps.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,593 Posts
It does but I don't think it matters, it still going to crush in and airbags will still deploy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having a Luverne grill guard installed next week. I like the way it looks over other options, I really like the Ex-Guard but they aren't available anymore... My van is a mobile laboratory used in the oil field and I go through "bump gates" so I need to protect ALL that plastic and there's a lot of it... LOL

·
Registered
538 Posts
Something to think about. Many grill guards are damage multipliers in a collision. They fold back and can damage more stuff than the collision would have done on its own.

Reactions: Club Rider

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I live smack dab in the middle of deer and wild hog country, a grill guard provides piece of mind. Installing my Ex-Guard was one of the very first things that I did after taking delivery of my PM. As an added benefit it actually helps me judge how far forward to pull while parking. I found that if I lean forward slightly I can just see the top of the guard and accurately judge my position.

·
Super Moderator
10,679 Posts
If it gives you peace of mind - go for it! But it is still ugggly ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm very happy with ours. Luverne has some great quality products. It has saved shopping carts and other misc stuff from crashing into the van vs the van crashing in to anything and obviously I like the look - although I have to admit the Promaster looks great without it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
(My first comment. Hurrah)

Yes to each their own, and I happen to think that it looks amazing. Way to go! But I do have to 2nd that question, do they impede your fog lights? Also do you have any pictures of the way "they" attached it to the frame? I'd love to see that!

Charles W.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i see you have the grey metallic color. how do you like it? i haven't seen it in person but my issue is how it is barely in contrast with the plastic bumper in color. i don't really like the bumpers at all, they all look like sun damaged, aged black plastic to me. but i see no way around it. so i thought maybe the black would be better than grey to create a visual differnce. i'm definitely not getting white.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My opinion is that, that grill guard looks very odd on the promaster. I would try to find something that doesn't look so out of place. If I had to get one, I would opt for one with a winch attachment since there is no four wheel drive option on the PM. That grill guard might look better with some auxiliary lighting, particularly rectangular or square shaped over round or oval especially since the guard blocks the factory fog lights.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts