Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few more projects left and this 2014 PM is ready for van life. The perfect weekender with a Maxxair fan & vent, yacht foot pump sink, 12v fridge, tons on storage throughout the main area and garage below the full size bed, plus a cabinet to tuck away a camping toilet with pullout drawer.

Equipped with two Renogy 100w solar panels, Renogy 1000w inverter and Renogy 200ah gel battery.

All green products from the wood, flooring, adhesives + wool & denim insulation. I’ll have the formal list of vendors soon.

This project was especially hard with sourcing in 2020. The green build made it nearly impossible but I was determined to make the air quality better than best.

IKEA cabinets and shelving saved time and helped it get way organized. Their systems are great for maximizing space and function.

This van will be ready to sell soon semi furnished. Ask me anything!

·
Registered
9 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I used a Luxury Vynal Tile in mine. Technically a floating floor. I was warned by the Lowes guy that he has seen it buckle/ warp in spots from people that have put it in cabins that are not heated/cooked consistently.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
280 Posts
Very nice rig , what are you thinking of as the selling price ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used a Luxury Vynal Tile in mine. Technically a floating floor. I was warned by the Lowes guy that he has seen it buckle/ warp in spots from people that have put it in cabins that are not heated/cooked consistently.
So far I’ve found it’s not heavy duty but I also haven’t used the Forbo Floor finish which should help protect

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I’m really surprised the Marmoleum Click is delicate. My Marmoleum sheet flooring has worn like iron for nearly 6 years.
I’ll get samples next time and do some tests. Nice to know that maybe a different type would work

·
Premium Member
2020 1500 136 HR
23 Posts
Forbo Marmoleum Click. It’s delicate so I likely won’t use again. Install was fine and I used adhesive which the click doesn’t need.
i was looking in to the forbo sheet goods... but the click seems more readily available, i am in process of pulling trigger - so this is good info - thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does the kitchen cabinet have a pass-through in the center? It looks like the center might be open -- can you lift the countertop, or do you have to crawl through?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does the kitchen cabinet have a pass-through in the center? It looks like the center might be open -- can you lift the countertop, or do you have to crawl through?
It’s looking open because the 12v fridge was not pictured as it’s been real cold and I didn’t want to chance anything since it was pricy. The fridge slides out like a drawer to access the top loading type and above I placed two frosted IKEA storage tubs back to back that are held by strips of wood, so they slide out and come completely out for access.

I climb over when I don’t want to get out but if the items I have there were not there yes you could climb through.

The original plan was to cut the counter and have two freestanding countertops with a shelf that pops up but this plan has more storage.

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,827 Posts
@Mad Maxina

First Welcome to the forum.

I believe gender is no issue for most forum members (at least I think @MsNomer is generally mistreated as much as the men on here) - Im kidding of course.

From my recent review “in Canada” camper vans & used Promasters are priced extremely high from my perspective. If you want a Promaster where I live it is order & wait for months. The used market where I live is crazy high. You might be surprised at what your camperized van may fetch. Good luck in your sale.

Once you sell are you going to build another PM camper van or onto something else?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Mad Maxina

First Welcome to the forum.

I believe gender is no issue for most forum members (at least I think @MsNomer is generally mistreated as much as the men on here) - Im kidding of course.

From my recent review “in Canada” camper vans & used Promasters are priced extremely high from my perspective. If you want a Promaster where I live it is order & wait for months. The used market where I live is crazy high. You might be surprised at what your camperized van may fetch. Good luck in your sale.

Once you sell are you going to build another PM camper van or onto something else?
Thank you for your message, I appreciate the kind words.

As for the sale I have no idea what to expect as this was my first build and really first project where I didn’t have a design client running the show. Total creative freedom (within a budget) is really nice and I do see myself doing another project, likely FT travel. Plus I learned a lot and now I know what to expect!

I was trying to find a larger PM and got sick of low inventory beginning of summer so I went for the low roof 1500 which I do have the ability to walk in so that’s nice for shorties but I want to include a shower/bath, functional windows, water heater and more solar in the next one.

I’m not sure it will be a PM based on low inventory before but likely with the boxy shape good for maximizing width with space planning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts