Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Our rig is set up to go from 3 race bike road-trip hauler to boon dock camper. So my solutions have had to be flexible. I wanted to be able to remove it and use the space easily for other things. To see the water remaining easily. Use just gravity for the feed as it frees up the hands. And keep it small as we use a solar shower bag for that warmer than frozen-out activity.

I got a 3gal water jug with handle that shows the water level with markings. Used the valve that it comes with and inserted a CamelBak hose with part of a fitting from it through the valve assembly for an airtight fit. Now we can either open the hose valve for a set flow from above into a simple dishwashing / face washing bin, or slide the Big Bite valve (rubber squeeze type valve) on for a slower spray with one hand use.

Anyway. Was happy with how simple it came out. And clean looking. Despite the various needs I had.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,689 Posts
Great idea!

We don't use that mich water for sink use, so I have been thinking about keeping the sink and drain tank, and eliminating the 3 1/2 gallon water tank and hand-operated pump. I have a cabinet directly above the sink area. For drinking water,we use bottled from the fridge anyway... a few trips and you start to redefine your design a bit.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
...Use just gravity for the feed as it frees up the hands. And keep it small ...
U pulled it off nicely.
We do similar in our rig(s). In the AWD van with it's outside kitchen hung off the rear campside aluminess bumper we use the Front Runner water can with spigot (example link) :

and in the PM we will be using a few 2 gallon roto pax water jugs (example link) with the spigot from gowesty (example link)

Kind of overkill i know, but still simple and sustainable.
Thom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts