Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a light bulb today...boy that was not as easy as my Toyota. Had to take the whole assembly out. Anyway when I had the assembly out I could look down above the wheel and there was a bit of fine gravel residing above the wheel in the fender. I noticed a similar thing when I removed the triangular plastic covers along the outside of the floor. I'm not too concerned about the gravel itself, though I am concerned that in time this will continue to build up and hold water/salt etc and eventually rust.

We are on gravel roads a fair bit so need to find a solution.

Anyone else notice this? Is it possible to fill the holes that give entry for the gravel or is that impossible? Should I flush and undercoat these areas?

any ideas would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. Going to pick up some undercoating and coat these areas. Also may try to fill the holes not sure with what. Is it crazy to try using the butyl rubber sound deadening material I have left over? It forms really well.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
If it will be in an area that won’t be abraded I’d go for the softer flexible spray not the tar like stuff used under the wheel wells. That eventually cracks and allows the sand and fines to get under it and if it has salt you are doomed. DAMHIK.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. The guy at Napa steered me toward Fluid Film. Any experience with this product?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts