Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Good question.

My wife wants one installed too, but near the side door. I wanted to put one on the plastic wall panel near the passenger's seat, but I think there is an air bag in that area.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Our Promaster just arrived today, we've been brainstorming on the grab handle issue. Now that we actually have the van, it was time to see what there was to mount to.

HOWEVER, as I searched again, I stumbled across a link I hadn't seen before. We'll be checking in to these. At least it solves the rear door grab issue. We have dual sliding side doors, but stepping in there won't be as often as the rear.

HTH

http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_promaster/accessories/interior/heavy_duty_interior_grab_handle.html

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
$87!!!!!

Getting in the side door, I don't need to "pull" myself, but like to steady myself. I grab the hole in the plastic where the seatbelt comes out. Works OK and seems sturdy enough for what I need, but it would like to have better.

·
Super Moderator
8,386 Posts
I also have a trailer hitch step for the rear doors which is very helpful. The side door most definitely needs a grab bar however. I did buy one at a automotive flea market last Fall but I've yet to figure out how to mount it. The best location is covered by plastic trim and really not suitable to hold anything. As soon as it gets warmer out I will get back to this project!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
$87!!!!!

Getting in the side door, I don't need to "pull" myself, but like to steady myself. I grab the hole in the plastic where the seatbelt comes out. Works OK and seems sturdy enough for what I need, but it would like to have better.
For a temporary grab handle run a nylon strap from the head rest to the seat base, tie a tear drop loop were handy. Try putting a handle on the rear door post. There seems to be a lot of extra holes in the seat base you could make use of a couple and make a grab handle. Just some ideas to get you thinking inside the box.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just found this installation PDF that I had missed from the link I posted earlier for the Ram OEM pulls. I found the mounting points very easily in the van.

They seem to mount very low. Unless you're less than 5'5" or so, it strikes me you'll be pulling yourself "in" much more than "up" to step in. Still not sure this is what I'm looking for.

I agree with the step on the hitch, that'll help definitely. However, as the knees more and more miles on them, I want some grab pulls also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts