Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This topic invites "what we would like to see on promaster" So heres my two cents. I love my van, but the one thing I don't get is the entry handles on the ceiling! less then useless there, I would love one on each A pillar to ease entry. hope they have that in place when I order my replacement in 2018!

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is the only thing I miss about my Ford van. The A pillar grab handles were superb. I used to own a Ram 1500 P/u and the A pillar grab handle was carp. Broke off and let me fall out the truck one day at the post office! I had to make a internal brace for it from a length of SS braided wire with loops at the ends just the right length.

I could easily fabricate a grab handle. But I don't know how the PM's A pillar is constructed so I could plan an effective attachment. I don't like pulling off trim as sometimes it gets damaged and doesn't go back together well.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
There is an airbag in the way. So I do not think you can mount a handle there.
That's why the handle is where it is. Ps I am 95% sure on this.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
The handles on the ceiling are commonly referred to as the " OH SH!T" handles, one only grabs them when a little poop comes out, not for ingress and egress.
New sprinters have side curtain airbags much like the PM, you can't put a handle where an airbag is placed unless you want it coming out in your face. Its unlikely you'll see them on modern vehicles that have some decent safety built in.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I tied a knotted thick rope to the existing handle to where it hung down about 6 inches (well out of interference range),
And used that to help in and out,
And i liked it. Worked perfect.
Then , i installed the Arch Amazon boards and the rope was uninstalled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts