Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was at dealer today lookin' at cargo vans. No 2017s on the lot but did look at a 2018 118WB/LR and noticed a molded-in grab handle for entry passenger and driver. Were these on the 2017s? They were just right for me to pull myself up into cabin, mucho likee. :) My wife at 5'3'' had to stretch to reach it though. Not low enough for her by about 2 inches.:( However she could stand up in the cargo area with abut 1.5 inches to spare under the lowest rib, very nice. I had to just slightly slouch, my normal at home stance.;) If I stood straight up at 5'7" I just brushed the highest part of the naked roof between the ribs but had to slouch to miss the rib. Looks like it's gonna be just fine for our needs. Dealer is setting me up with a day loaner as soon as he has one like I want so's I can see if I like driving the shorter version and see if it fits under my carport. The one we looked at was sold already. Still haven't ruled out the longer 136WB/LR. So far Covert Dodge in north Austin has been very helpful allowing us to spend time in their vans measuring and takin' photos and answering questions. The dealer in South Point Dodge in south Austin close to where we live wasn't interested in helping me. Nada.:( OH yeah almost forgot, the black vinyl seats are a no go for us. We opened the door and the sun hit the passenger seat and in a very short time they were very hot! So looks like cloth seats will have to be it. Did have the Nexen tires on it. $33,000 including options.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not on my 2017. I don't have much problem getting into the driver's side without a step (or handle), but I'm on the tall side.

At first I was thinking you were talking about a handle on the slider which is something I'd like.
Even at 5'7" I can get in okay without the grab handle but it is helpful enuff that I will now probably get a 2018. However stepping down out of the cabin in any of them that I've tried out is awkward for me so I reckon I'll be lookin' for some kinda step.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wonder if we could retrofit that in our older models?

Maybe, but I doubt it. In my 2015 that panel is only secured by small clips and mostly filled with an air bag. It's also an absolute PITA to remove/put back in. :mad: I upgraded the tweeters last week and had to take that panel out to do so. Getting it out wasn't bad, but it took a lot of convincing to get it lined up and back in place.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Everything above the dash in my 2015 is a cream or light tan color! Perhaps thats because of the Sandstone Pearl Metallic paint on the outside? And yes I just checked!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is? Looks dark grey on my screen! Crappy old eyes!
Van was white and the interior cabin upper was light gray textured material. Looked very nice.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As does mine, but it was among the last of the 2017 builds.
Sticker on this one said 2018 but maybe it's really a late 2017 that's been documented as a 2018. Who knows.:| I looked at some 2017s on youtube and did not come across one with these grab handles. I'd rather have a new 2017 as I could probably get a better deal this time of year but it would have to have the handles. Really liked them!

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,030 Posts
Looking around on line at dealer photos of in-stock vans, I found two 2017 2500 159 high roof that have these handles. So, it looks like a mid-year change. This is going on my must-have list as soon as the parts become available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, haven't done an intro yet but wanted to chime in on this. I have a 2017 1500 136 high roof that was built 5-17 (door sticker date) and it has the handles, not sure when they started putting them in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts