Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Tomtom GPS as part of the U-Connect radio. The problem is some days when you try to use it, it works fine and other days it comes on, but no map. A few times it has worked fine, but if you stop for gas or something and go to take off again, it won't re-start, no map. A few times it has displayed a message "contact your dealer". So I have been trying it just about every time I use the van and about one out of ten times it does not work. Anybody else having the same problem? This looks like one of those things that when you do bring it to a dealer, it will work fine. But on the way home it will quit.

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
I'm having exactly the same problem! The dealer got a new one for me and after waiting three hours for them to put it in (a quick operation they said) they told me they couldn't get it to work either and the Chrysler site was down so they couldn't do anything. Have to bring it back next week for a second try!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Same thing with my Sirius Radio. Often it does not display the song info and artist and sometimes it won't go to the other stations I've programmed in, just stays with the one that was playing last time I drove. Wonder if these problems are related and not do to a bad GPS unit but are a UConnect problem?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Same thing with my Sirius Radio. Often it does not display the song info and artist and sometimes it won't go to the other stations I've programmed in, just stays with the one that was playing last time I drove. Wonder if these problems are related and not do to a bad GPS unit but are a UConnect problem?

Should be "due to" not "do to"

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,378 Posts
Remember those paper foldout things called maps?
I never completely trust a gps even when they're working "properly."
Yes I do. But the one I have from 1950 does not work well today.:crying: I use Delorme map software on my laptop.The gps is slow to lock but the map is always there and I can zoom to 123 A Street any time. I can pre-route on my desktop and transfer to my laptop. You can't drive with the screen open in the drivers compartment, any thing bigger than 7"screen is against the law, unless of course, you are the law.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remember those paper foldout things called maps?
I never completely trust a gps even when they're working "properly."
My wife is a big fan of maps, and she can read one very well. She gets ticked off if the girl in the GPS sends me the long way. It can turn into a cat fight in the front seat real quick! Its not bad enough having one woman telling you where to go, now I have two! One is telling me not to listen to that stupid thing, and the other keeps saying, "recalculating". If I didn't pay for the GPS I probably wouldn't want it fixed.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My wife is a big fan of maps, and she can read one very well. She gets ticked off if the girl in the GPS sends me the long way. It can turn into a cat fight in the front seat real quick! Its not bad enough having one woman telling you where to go, now I have two! One is telling me not to listen to that stupid thing, and the other keeps saying, "recalculating". If I didn't pay for the GPS I probably wouldn't want it fixed.

Ah yes, I remember at least the wife in the front seat (back seat driver thing) but she is gone now. Without gps I've got no more women telling me what to do (or where to go!) hehehe

·
Super Moderator
9,067 Posts
The dealer finally replaced mine a week or so ago and it works fine (for now) I think a separate unit would be better in the long run though!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Remember that all of those notebook/smartphone GPS apps only work where there is good coverage. I have been in parts of Oakland (CA) -the high price areas up in the hills - where there is no service at all, so no map!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
....while plugging your nose, patting the top of your head and hopping backward on one foot?
Almost sounds like they were having a little fun with you.
I guess it's possible that's a legit procedure, but I've never heard of anything like that.

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
Tom Tom UConnect GPS lost satellites and fails to open. Here's what UConnect told me would reset the gps. Find a big parking lot, drive in a circle five times between 5-10 mph. After the fifth circle stop the van and shut off the van, open the drivers door for 30 seconds. Restart the van and check to see if the gps satellites found me. Anyone else experience this issue.
My compass in my F150 required the same thing, except not the open door thing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts