Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for insulation. Getting the van sprayed on monday. 13 hours today designing and wiring a little. Put some supports in for the beds and got the overall plan set for now. I also hurcules linered the floor and had a frame madefrom aluminum 2x6 to add a couple seats. Got them from a friends ford, they’re very comfortable.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Egad man thats some rugged lumber. My bed support frame is a 24” wide sheet of 1/2 inch plywood on edge with a few cutouts to lay the cross supports into. It is plenty strong, looks good, and weighs about 2 lbs. Your front frame is blocking off a bunch of useful storage space that 3/4 inch plywood and a few drawers would make accessible. I’d suggest engineering supports and frames that are themselves thin and light but that are strong and serve several purposes such as support, storage access, finished look, and are removable. There are many build plans and threads that have managed this.
Good lick with the foam, it should be about the best insulation you can do but be sure they put on thin coats or that van sheet metal will have more waves than a pacific beach! No foam down the scuppers along the sides either as there are drains you will block.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts