Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This evening I took the PM for a cruise down to Wal mart for pet stuff. All was well. After I started to drive away I noticed the check engine light was on. NUTS! Guess I'll stop at the dealer Monday to get it looked at. Lucky I just put both my bikes back on the road. I can use them for errands until the PM is well again. It drove perfectly fine coming home. I couldn't tell any problems. '14 PM 1500 HT gasser. 6800 miles. Bought new last Labor Day weekend.

·
Registered
120 Posts
might just be a loose gas cap. There should be an icon for emisions separate from the engine light. Emissions could be a tree and engine light should be a mushroom cloud

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No loose cap. Checked it this morning. No tree light. Still seems to run fine. I'll head to dealer in morning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer blew me off saying they were too busy. Went to auto zone and the lady there called up the stored codes.

PO520 and PO6DE

Where can I look these up? Thanks folks!

Dealer would only tell me that since the engine light was on steady, it was nothing critical and was OK to drive. If the light were flashing, that is serious and I should pull it over.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. Took it in late this morning for my appointment. They had it done at 2 pm. It was a bad oil pressure sensor. They replaced it under warranty. Very glad to have it back so soon. I have a job interview tomorrow morning! I thought I'd have to ride my old Moto Guzzi in the rain to get there.
I took it this past weekend on a 500 mile round trip to a sidecar camp out. Averaged almost 21 mpg out on the hiway. Much of it at 70 mph. Terrific van for road trips. Very comfortable to travel in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts