Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 5000 km into this trip, the 3500 extended has surpassed all expectations.
Installed a full double bed and three , triple sprinter seats, and have the double passenger seat. Carrying minimal cooking and living gear.
Picked up seven guys with luggage and golf clubs at the Greenville airport and the first one said " is this stuff going to fit ?" , no problem there. Played golf for four days around Carolina, then there were 11 of us with luggage and clubs to get back to the Charlotte airport, the consensus was it will take two vehicles. We loaded that all comfortably , it was pretty impressive, there was even room for one more. The diesel might have shifted once on a hill when it wouldn't have empty but that was the only difference I noticed from the load. Trip computer telling me around 27 mpg imperial(22.5 us)

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Thanks for the golf report. I wonder what your mileage really was. It has been reported that the diesel computer under-reports the fuel mileage by about 3 mpg. We need more fill and calculate reports to see if this is true. From other reports with loaded PM vans and even trailer pulling it would seem 22 mpg is probably low for your use. I would have expected 25 or so, perhaps up to 27. Did you keep the sales slips for the whole trip and miles so it could be calculated now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts