Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are heading to Glacier in the next week and are thinking about taking this road. The park service has limitations of 21' long, 10' high and 8' wide. Our van is 20' 6" with the bike rack and under 8' tall. The width is where I have a concern.

I have the heated, folding mirrors and I cannot find a width listed anywhere for them. The 105" listed in the brochure seems to be for an extending mirror. When I measure the ones on my van I come up with about 8' wide including the mirrors.

Does anyone know the published width with the regular folding mirrors?

Has anyone driven this road with a 136 and these mirrors?

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
1,994 Posts
Hi,
I've been over Going to the Sun Road a couple times with my 136 and it has the large heated mirrors.
Last time we were up there, there were two other PM RV's in the Logan Pass parking lot.

Its not really a problem. There are a couple very narrow, but short spots when you will have to concentrate on width a lot, but its OK as long as you pay attention. Most of the road is wide enough for stress free driving.

I'm aware to the length limitations, but I've never seen anyone get checked or a ranger out there with a tape measure :)

Its a great highway and not to be missed. Stop at Logan pass and take a walk south from the VC, or the trail to Garden Wall. Really nice.
The road through Choteau, MT is a more scenic approach than I15.

Gary

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,242 Posts
Brochures have vans at 98, 105.9 and CC,CA 109

·
Registered
31 Posts
Drove this road last summer.The biggest problem is keeping your eyes on the road because it is so beautiful. I drove my 136
with the wide mirrors with no problems.Heading up to Baniff on Saturday for 3 weeks.going to be awsome!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the posts. I really wanted to take this route but did not want to cause any problems.

As for the published width of 105 - I thought there was was an option for extra wide mirrors that can extend. I think that the measurement for them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a great highway and not to be missed. Stop at Logan pass and take a walk south from the VC, or the trail to Garden Wall. Really nice.
The road through Choteau, MT is a more scenic approach than I15.

Gary
We will check those out.

We try to avoid interstates so the route through Choteau would be our choice too. Trying to follow more of the "Blue Highways "

1 - 9 of 9 Posts