Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Diesel 2500 is dead in the driveway...

Doesn't start, just a clicking noise (relays?) coming from engine compartment.
Showing the following codes:

P0520 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0671 Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit
P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
P0673 Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit
P0674 Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit
P064C Glow Plug Control Module

Any info or experience with this would be much appreciated since I cannot get a service manual any time soon, it is a long tow to the dealership, and it is beyond the basic 36k warranty...

Has anyone replaced the control module themselves?

I checked for obvious blown fuses and found nothing. Some posts here also mentioned grounding problems, but haven't found an obvious one yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
My 2015 Diesel 2500 is dead in the driveway...

Doesn't start, just a clicking noise (relays?) coming from engine compartment.
Showing the following codes:

P0520 Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0671 Cylinder 1 Glow Plug Circuit
P0672 Cylinder 2 Glow Plug Circuit
P0673 Cylinder 3 Glow Plug Circuit
P0674 Cylinder 4 Glow Plug Circuit
P064C Glow Plug Control Module

Any info or experience with this would be much appreciated since I cannot get a service manual any time soon, it is a long tow to the dealership, and it is beyond the basic 36k warranty...

Has anyone replaced the control module themselves?

I checked for obvious blown fuses and found nothing. Some posts here also mentioned grounding problems, but haven't found an obvious one yet.

Thanks
This sucks,

I got another code on mine. The dealer said they had to replace the no 3 glow plug and a module. They finally got the parts in, I need to get it in to the dealer and see what happens. The CEL light went out while I was on vacation a few weeks ago, but then another light came on. I just ignored it since it never left us stranded.

You can see my post here: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55210

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Try https://manuals.co/workshop/fiat/ducato
I expect the glow plug circuit is the same as ours.
No one here has had your problem. You can help by posting what you find. Clearly you have one problem generating these codes. I think the drivetrain is 80,000 miles/5 years but I don’t know if that would be covered. At least call a dealer and ask?? Try attaching jumper cables to the jump locations and try it again JIC its a low battery.
Best.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just sent it off on a tow truck to the dealership.

Will report back what the problem/fix was.

Dealer said glow plugs are covered under powertrain warranty and control module would be under emissions, so potentially the problem will be covered. We'll see about the towing bill...

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I am happy for you, as happy as someone can be when a van is in the garage instead of on the road! If they are covered FCA should do the towing free. Call customer assistance if you need help. 866-726-4636 Thanks for the report back when you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, kept forgetting to post the result here.

Bad ground strap was the culprit. Dealer had no immediate solution when they diagnosed it so contacted Ram. They were instructed to install an upgraded ground strap which solved the problem.
I've seen at least one other mention of this on this forum, could be a potential issue. Hopefully they do a recall or service bulletin. It was not covered by powertrain or emissions warranty. (My van is at 43k, so basic warranty has expired.)

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
A-Ha. It is often a simple basic cause that relates to either the manufacture or assembly when issues seem to involve failures of many robust systems. The clue that made me suspect a low battery was "Doesn't start, just a clicking noise (relays?) coming from engine compartment. “ Your thought "Some posts here also mentioned grounding problems, but haven't found an obvious one yet.” was right on! Congratulations! The clicking and no starter engagement is a dead (pun intended) ringer for a defective or poorly connected battery. Happy you are on the road again and sorry it wasen't covered. It’s nice to know it wasn’t a diesel issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts