Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any advice on how to get a 2-0 wire from the battery to the back of the van?

I want to run a wire from either the battery or the alternator to a 12V-24V converter, since I have been unable to get a second alternator on my diesel. The converter will pull up to 120A (I have the 220A alternator), and will be located under the gaucho in the back. Ideally, I'd like to have the wire start from the battery, so that I can locate a fuse where it is somewhat easy to get to and protected from the elements. I don't see a good way to get where I want staying within the van; it looks like my best bet would be to go under and back up. Does anybody know of a good way to get out of the battery bay to the underside, short of drilling a hole?

·
Super Moderator
10,178 Posts
It's actually quite easy. There is even a plastic channel under the floor mat on the left side of the drivers seat to run it thru.

There have been many detailed write ups here on how and where (including mine) Google is your friend!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Don't forget the bottle of Wire Stretcher from Home Depot. You'll probably need at least one bottle

:)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts