Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715683

Building an Adventure Van

This is a Colorado guy who is doing a first rate job making his Sprinter a comfortable home away from home. First post was

08-12-2011, 06:00 PM last post 02-05-2014, 10:11 AM post # 3359 page 224. This is all heavily illustrated showing what he is doing in detail. I have been following along since I discovered it November 2011 page 60. I have read the whole thing, have it bookmarked and check in occasionally.

Greg Hayden

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
That is some nice work and unbelievable pictures of the mountains.

Can I pull up to there campsite with a ProMaster?

Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow. Very detailed and amazing pictures! Where is that? Looks like maybe BC, Washington state.

Its pretty cool that you convert the Sprinter into this. Very impressive.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
I have been reading that thread and noting the number of things I don't have to do to my Promaster.

1. Add an aftermarket backup camera
2. Add a stereo
3. Make everything fit to walls that curve
4. Worry about diesel problems
5. Worry about rust and a poor paint job.
6. Worry about getting stuck with rear wheel drive.
7. Worry about finding a place to get service and parts.

Otherwise, I kind of wish I had that classy three pointed star on my vehicle. My friends all drive Porsches.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Geek gave me a tour of his van a year or two ago, it's pretty cool. It won't hold more than one motorcycle inside (with the bed folded), but I'm sure he can fit a few bicycles.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have followed his thread there (my username is the same on advrider, btw), and I am planning a similar build, but with a 159 tall roof PM. That way I can have two vintage racing 2 stroke street bikes in the back (or my dirtbike), and a crew cab seat by the sliders that can fold down into a bed.

I am not a heavy duty camper, so I don't plan to install a bathroom, but will have an auxiliary heater, fridge, burner and sink - basically what a VW Westie has.

I really like that he built his cabinets with the Bosch Rexroth aluminum framing system:

search his thread for 'extrusions'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts