1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have a 2014 gasser 136 low,
Uconnect 3 radio and the
'MODE' button to the left of the steering wheel brings up a
'Service' sub-menu. When I hit that, I get 69701 mi.
And the last few times Ive looked at it this week, that number is counting down backwards heading to zero.
Any idea what this number means?
I have 10k miles on my ODO..
What's your number and what do you think it signifies?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Check with the Pope, he has a direct line to FIAT I understand!

Or, ask the service dept at the dealer? Do you have the uconnect 5? I don't have that menusunder mode, if fact next to nothing but speed beep or some such thing, it's all done from the uconnect 5

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have no such function with u connect 5, but I'd take a crazy guess that it's a countdown to 80k service. I believe the book specs spark plugs at 100k, and the trans fluid at 40 or 50k, so I have no idea what 80k is significant of. 8k would be about the book spec for an oil change, so maybe it's that without a decimal?

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
I was looking for TSB'S today and came about this
08-055-14 JUL 14 Instruments - Oil Change Calculation Enhancement
ALLDATA.COM
It is old but non safety TSB'S are not always done until the consumer complains. Alldata wants money to read the whole TBS so call your dealer.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Anyone here subscribe to AllData? Perhaps someone could get the rest? Jostalli (sp) posted some TSB`s

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking for TSB'S today and came about this
08-055-14 JUL 14 Instruments - Oil Change Calculation Enhancement
ALLDATA.COM
It is old but non safety TSB'S are not always done until the consumer complains. Alldata wants money to read the whole TBS so call your dealer.
Okay, I have an appointment with my dealer to do the software upgrade tsp 08-055-14 JUL 14.It does pertain to my 2014 Ram Promaster. I will report back and see if my doomsday countdown reflex the correct number for the oil change instead of shutting down the entire van @ 80k.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim,

When the countdown gets to "0", the brakes stop squealing, the leaf springs drop a bit, and the seat belt beeper goes silent! >:D

Or not...

Ed
and the rear doors match perfectly time of the side door unlocked this perfectly, the rear speakers start working,and the mirrors started heating up.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update****
At the dealers yesterday to have them do this TSB.
08-055-14 JUL 14 Instruments - Oil Change Calculation Enhancement...
all done....
Now.. when the Mode button is pressed in Park with or without the engine running. .. as long as the ignition is on......
"Service" in NO LONGER in the list of options to play with.
Its Gone..
So.. that fixes it, right? Like it never really was there to begin with.
Ill be dammnn

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine is diesel but you should still have a service option with key on but not running. Press Mode button then up or down arrow to service then Mode again button shows countdown till next oil change. Mine says 15,600 miles left and I have 2255 miles on my 3.5 week old 2015 Diesel.

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is diesel but you should still have a service option with key on but not running. Press Mode button then up or down arrow to service then Mode again button shows countdown till next oil change. Mine says 15,600 miles left and I have 2255 miles on my 3.5 week old 2015 Diesel.
My gasser does NOT have this.Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts