Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most amount of fuel have you put in at one time? I know I was surprised when I put 24.3 gallons in. The low fuel light had come on about 25 miles ago so I was pretty low.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tank size is 24 gallons.. Most I have "topped off" is 25.76 gallons. Pump clicks off and then I add 2.5-2.75 gallons more (never spill, very slow/careful).. Most I have driven after light came on is 80 miles mostly highway.. See below my fuelly fill up logs.. Mine is Diesel 3500ext

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/promaster_3500/2015/storming/388629

·
Registered
97 Posts
Some 2014 diesels have a 28 gal fuel tank. It would come standard if you ordered this, that and the other thing or you could just order it.
Really? Maybe you are thinking of the Ram 1500 truck. I know that has a 26 gallon tank standard with a 32 gallon option (gas engine only) but not on the ecodiesel because in place is the 8 gallon DEF tank on the V6 ecodiesel Ram 1500 truck.

If you have other info about a 28 gallon option on the Promaster Diesel please post source.

BTW my 2015 Promaster is an early build (Dec 2014) and has a 24 gallon tank for sure! I have built several times on the Ram site sense this van was being offered and have never seen anything saying it has or could be optioned/standard with any other size tank.

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
I too would have opted for the larger tank but it was not offered when I ordered my 2015 in March of 2015. Anyone know where we might look for the info on the large tank if it exists, which seems we will only accept if more info is available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts