Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have ACCURATE MPG figures for the 1500 low roof along with the speed/type of driving they did during the test?

Thanks,
Dave in Wissoncin

·
Registered
604 Posts
118 WB low roof. Gas.

First 2000 miles. 19.1 mpg (hand calculated). 60% highway or so running 65 to 70 mph. (Some highway with kayaks on roof - seems to drop it 2mpg or so)

Next 2000 Miles. 17.3 mpg (computer) 20% highway + winter fuel/morning idle/warmup/window scraping that comes with winter...

Not aggressive driving but I don't coast down hills either...

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Can't remember who asked if there was huge difference between the high and low roof, but that's what I get approximately with my high roof.

·
Registered
55 Posts
136 LR i am getting between 9-10 mpg suburbs/city driving , when cold below 20F , used to get 16.5 in the summer.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
53k miles 90% highway, so far avg 18.6 on the 136WB. lots of times I'm loaded with more than a 1000lb
GrassHopper, how fast do you normally drive on highway? During highway driving speed can make more of a difference than a little extra weight.

Also wondering if most of that 90% highway is flat, hills, or mountains? In other words which part of the country? Or does it make much of a difference with your van if you've covered all terrain?

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
136 LR i am getting between 9-10 mpg suburbs/city driving , when cold below 20F , used to get 16.5 in the summer.
Ollie, there is something wrong for sure. I got my PM last January while it was really cold. Drove maybe 1,500 miles in cold temperature in City/Hwy mixed mode and I got an average of 13.9L/100 km, that is 17 mpg.

·
Registered
114 Posts
GrassHopper, how fast do you normally drive on highway? During highway driving speed can make more of a difference than a little extra weight.

Also wondering if most of that 90% highway is flat, hills, or mountains? In other words which part of the country? Or does it make much of a difference with your van if you've covered all terrain?
I drive usually 65-75mph on the highway, I cover all kinds of land, Pennsylvania Appalachian mountain to chattanoogas mountains to rocky mountains to flat lands of indiana and Ohio, Michigan and Illinois. I sometimes got more than 3000lb in the back, that makes the PM stick to the road like glue.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Even when my parking brake was dragging I still got 13.5 mpg! Something is wrong unless you are idling all day! I filled up the today and it was 17.11.!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I've got 1951 miles on mine and I'm still breaking it in and those miles were driving from Seattle to MN. I didn't use the speed control much and I drove through the mountains.
I found the computer to be pretty close to my math.
First tank 16.54 mpg filled up in Sokane
Second tank 17.93 mpg filled up Missoula,MT
Third tank 17.2 mpg filled up Columbus, MT
Fourth tank 15.75 mpg filled up in Gillette, WY
Fifth tank 16.86 mpg filled up in Presho, SD
Sixth tank 17.4 mpg filled up Mankato, MN

The mileage was so bad on the fourth tank because the speed limit in WY is 80! And 75 in SD.
My current tank has non alcohol gas and is getting 20.2 mpg at 60 mph. This is the computer and has been within 1/2 mile per gallon of my math so I consider it to be accurate.
This is 136" low roof gas.
Hope this gives you a good idea of what you can expect. Todd

·
Registered
810 Posts
Before winter.... my computer said my 136 low roof was averaging 18-19.3 k miles... 75 percent city.. now that winter is here and I use my remote start and idle alot, its much less

1 - 13 of 13 Posts