Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

New poster here.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Furrion compact refrigerator? The specs are impressive (only 80W power draw) and the price is definitely right ($150), but I can't find anything on it. Even on their website the details are somewhat scarce. It previously said that AC and DC models were available but now the power source is listed as "AC compatible". Obviously I'd rather not run it off an inverter if I don't have to.

I tried emailing their tech support and sales email addresses but haven't received a response. Googling hasn't yielded anything either.

Just curious if anyone has one and can comment on it. I'm also considering their cooktop.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,537 Posts
Furrion is a brand name for radios, tvs, speakers, etc. that you see in a lot of RV builds... probably imported direct to Elkhart, Indiana!

For that price, probably just an RV sized AC fridge (like a dorm fridge)

They probably only deal with RV business for builds and replacements...

Use the search bar (top right corner of page)... lots of fridge posts on the forum.... I have an Engel chest fridge (about $600, but a fantastic 12V & 120V unit)

Welcome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking over the fridge posts. For the difference in price between the Furrion and even the moderately priced DC fridges, I could add an additional solar panel and a second 200Ah battery but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost :)

·
Super Moderator
10,187 Posts
If you really just are concerned with the cost get a $60 120vac dorm fridge, it will wool fine as long as you have 2 batteries. I did it for years and never list any food.

I decided to go 95% dc only tho last year (just a 700 w microwave) and spent $700 on a TruckFridge 130. I love it. It holds everything I need and uses next to no power. It will run off my 300 w of solar and 2 house batteries forever. It was the best move I’ve made in a long time but it’s all about cost vs value for you personally. I have no need for ac power nowother than turning on my inverter for the few minutes a day I use the microwave otherwise it’s always off.

The best solution is the one that makes both you and your pocketbook smile ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also their RV with helipad, hot tub, and smart toilet. My next post was going to ask for helipad recommendations for Promaster conversions :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In case anyone else is interested, I finally got a response from their customer service. Apparently the DC version of the small fridge isn't available in US for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts