Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the more experienced van dwellers on this forum. How long does it take to get to this stage of van life?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I am not sure- perhaps Ken Kesey would know, but I know you have to begin by naming your van Furthur. You youngsters may realize KOV and a few of us lived through the van life of the 60’s. I think I remember a van? There was a van right KOV? Or was it a bus and where exactly in NY is this music festival gonna happen?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
: ) i saw that on YT a couple days ago, way funny.

On "Living through the van life of the 60's" Ha! i resemble that remark.
I would go visit my dad who was on staff at UC Berkeley in the 60's/70's then onto UC Davis in 70's/80's. As a youngster in the 60's i would walk up and down Telegraph ave in Berkeley and by my HS years was right at home with that colorful crowd. We had a couple of VW camper vans during those years and made some great memories too.

Also... i was like the only kid that could get "California Gold" from his parents (their request, they figured i was gonna go for it, might as well make sure it was the good/safe stuff!).
Had my first "Special brownie" by accident when i was 8. My mom had made two batches for a gathering later in the day, one for the kids and one for the adults.
> She goes shopping.
> Thommy is hungry, grabs a brownie.
> Curiously the more Thommy eats off one of the plates the more giggly and more hungry he gets.
> Mom arrives home ~1 hour later. All she can do is laugh. I mean really, plates of brownies left on a counter with no do's/don'ts before leaving? Who's fault is that MOM ? ;)

Thom

·
Registered
816 Posts
Oh to be a Trustafarian . . .
Or work yo hinie off and earn the "Van Life".
Pretty sweet vid , very talented . Just imagine if they had a P M !!! Could have a "can" .

·
Registered
14 Posts
RD knows as he speaks in old code. I had a '67 ford E100, '74 E100...met Kesey, Ginsberg, and accidentally knew Abbie Hoffman or Barry as it was at the time. I left that long ago but now at 65 have a PM and my GS1150....Hmmm...retired, back to van life...oh missed Woodstock via a blown engine in my buds VW van near Jamestown.NY....
You guys make me think whilst getting the PM ready

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Drats, missed Max’s Party too. August 1969 I made a choice between my job earning my college tuition and taking off for a “trip” to Bethel NY. A small trust fund would have solved it! I was driving my “64 bug, blue w/sun roof.
Sold my 1100 but kept the F650GS, Van of course, VW bus long gone. Did meet three of the Chicago 8 (later to become 7) but not Abbie or Allen, sadly. I have three years on you but was very young. You would have been a teenager!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts