Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
I am not sure- perhaps Ken Kesey would know, but I know you have to begin by naming your van Furthur. You youngsters may realize KOV and a few of us lived through the van life of the 60’s. I think I remember a van? There was a van right KOV? Or was it a bus and where exactly in NY is this music festival gonna happen?

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
: ) i saw that on YT a couple days ago, way funny.

On "Living through the van life of the 60's" Ha! i resemble that remark.
I would go visit my dad who was on staff at UC Berkeley in the 60's/70's then onto UC Davis in 70's/80's. As a youngster in the 60's i would walk up and down Telegraph ave in Berkeley and by my HS years was right at home with that colorful crowd. We had a couple of VW camper vans during those years and made some great memories too.

Also... i was like the only kid that could get "California Gold" from his parents (their request, they figured i was gonna go for it, might as well make sure it was the good/safe stuff!).
Had my first "Special brownie" by accident when i was 8. My mom had made two batches for a gathering later in the day, one for the kids and one for the adults.
> She goes shopping.
> Thommy is hungry, grabs a brownie.
> Curiously the more Thommy eats off one of the plates the more giggly and more hungry he gets.
> Mom arrives home ~1 hour later. All she can do is laugh. I mean really, plates of brownies left on a counter with no do's/don'ts before leaving? Who's fault is that MOM ? ;)

Thom

·
Registered
14 Posts
RD knows as he speaks in old code. I had a '67 ford E100, '74 E100...met Kesey, Ginsberg, and accidentally knew Abbie Hoffman or Barry as it was at the time. I left that long ago but now at 65 have a PM and my GS1150....Hmmm...retired, back to van life...oh missed Woodstock via a blown engine in my buds VW van near Jamestown.NY....
You guys make me think whilst getting the PM ready

·
Premium Member
8,964 Posts
Drats, missed Max’s Party too. August 1969 I made a choice between my job earning my college tuition and taking off for a “trip” to Bethel NY. A small trust fund would have solved it! I was driving my “64 bug, blue w/sun roof.
Sold my 1100 but kept the F650GS, Van of course, VW bus long gone. Did meet three of the Chicago 8 (later to become 7) but not Abbie or Allen, sadly. I have three years on you but was very young. You would have been a teenager!

·
Registered
1 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
You decide when you will get to this stage. Living in a van is more than convenient because you don't have neighbors and you can be as inventive as you want. If you try out this experience don't forget to share it with us, I am very interested in it so be sure I'll read it XDD. I am not sure if you will release a song too but I want a video where you recreate the original one. The best secret of the van life is don't let yourself get bored more than two seconds and you will realize you don't want to get back to your normal life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.