Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was at the dealer this morning for the tpms recall, and to generate a paper trail for the radiator (they confirmed the leak, $600 parts and labor, dont wait to open a case!)

Chatting with the parts guy, i had him look up the fuel filter. As we suspected, the IS NO filter on the gas pm. Not in the dealership network, not in the mopar system, not even by VIN. Theres a water fuel separator for the diesel, but the master parts book doesnt even show a sock filter on the fuel pump.

It seems weird to make a vehicle with no filter, but i guess thats just how they do it. I guess it kinda makes sense - when was the last time you had to replace a fuel filter? 80's i bet.

Someday, many years from now, maybe one of us will burn out a fuel pump and when replacing it discover that its got a non-serviceable filter. And then that someone will complain that it was the clogged filter that overworked the pump. And then ill find this post and claim that i thought of it first!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Haha! I wish the diesels didnt have one or need one! One less maintenance
item to deal with. I suppose gas PM s have trans fluid to change. The diesel has no trans maintenance recommended in the manual but we have fuel filters :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe none of Chrysler's gas engines have a serviceable fuel filter anymore. It's all in the "sock" mounted on the fuel pickup....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts