Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my PM in Chicago, filled it full of gear with a trailer behind it with even more equipment and drove it back to California. Happy with the performance except once I got home to California, these fuel filler nozzles with the condoms on them cause me fill issues. Cannot pull the lever all the way or use the auto hold feature. I have to hold the nozzle at a weird angle to get the fuel to flow in without it self shutting off.

Anyone else have this?

Oh, and yes, my brakes squeak too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey crash! Congrats on your PM and welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing your input. I know some of those fuel nozzles are touchy as to the angle of the fuel channel and the possible splash back that kicks off the fill sensors.

How'd the PM handle with a load in the rear and a trailer? I'll be using mine the same way on occasion and am hopeful that all went well for ya! My trailer is only 2990 GVW so it won't be crazy weight but I will haul it when necessary!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it is EVERY nozzle tho. Dealer has no clue.

My trailer is the same size, but it was maxed out. I had the PM itself pretty much filled to the gills as well. Averaged about 13 MPG and other than the frickin insane headwinds coming through New Mexico it did fine, held 65 to 70 no problem and handled like perfectly. Also hit a lot of snow in Arizona and it did great there as well, the cross winds with the high roof were a bit of fun, but nothing too bad. Really please with it so far. I have about 2500# in it all the time and it does fine up hills. TO keep a head of steam on steep hills on the freeway going over HWY 17, she does drop a gear and winds up a bit. I am in a mountain area, so about 13 to 14 mpg average on these slow winding roads loaded up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts