Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some major upgrades to my van in the electrical department. For those who are building out campers I these are some great parts for an almost complete electrical system for charging. I have the following for sale and the prices are OBO and a combined offer will be considered. I'm located in Las Vegas and would prefer a local or half way between vegas and southern california.

Magnum MS2012 with ME-RC - $950 (Amazon is $1550) This is a 2000w charger with 100amp charger. It has the ME-RC remote for programing/monitoring.
Blue Sky Energy Solar Boost 2512i(X)-HV with IPN Pro Remote with Shunt - $300 (Amazon is $500) This is a 25amp controller perfect for 300w of solar. It also has the IPN Pro Remote for programing as well as a shunt to monitor the battery state of charge.
Blue Sea ACR ML-RBS - $100 (Amazon is $190) 500 Amp magnetic latching (bi-stable) relay automatically combines batteries during charging and isolates batteries when discharging and when starting engine.

The Magnum is a little dirty. The previous owner stuck a thermostat on the front so there is double sided tape still stuck on there. I didn't want to risk stripping the paint and it doesn't harm anything so I didn't attempt to take it off.

The Blue Sky IPN remote has a small nick on the remote panel. Nothing major but want full disclosure.

The Blue Sky MPPT does NOT come with an enclosure for the factory (it's an addon). The builder of the van made something out of wood, which worked fine. I can include it if you want, but you can buy a box from Blue Sky or just panel mount it.

·
Premium Member
8,671 Posts
Hey we want to know what you are going to! Good luck on the sale of those quality parts.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey we want to know what you are going to! Good luck on the sale of those quality parts.
Once I'm done, I'll make a post, but it's totally unnecessary upgrades. It's just a fun project since I like this kind of stuff. I went with Victron and made a raspberry pi Venus device to monitor/network all the devices. It's pretty neat stuff.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump, prices are OBO! I pulled the data cables this past weekend and they came out in one piece! I'm pretty sure I also have the manuals to go along with them.

Make an offer!

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Once I'm done, I'll make a post, but it's totally unnecessary upgrades. It's just a fun project since I like this kind of stuff. I went with Victron and made a raspberry pi Venus device to monitor/network all the devices. It's pretty neat stuff.
Tell us about your design; its purpose and how you implemented it! I like geeky projects.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell us about your design; its purpose and how you implemented it! I like geeky projects.
Still wrapping up. I bought new 2/0 cable but then sent 4/0 (not complaining) but I'm waiting on new lugs as I ordered 2/0. I then have to make a new panel for all my monitors. I had someone cut it to size but made it 1/4 inch too big on each side so it doesn't fit. This project was supposed to be done over a weekend. I'm now on week three with the van torn apart :(

·
Registered
356 Posts
Still wrapping up. I bought new 2/0 cable but then sent 4/0 (not complaining) but I'm waiting on new lugs as I ordered 2/0. I then have to make a new panel for all my monitors. I had someone cut it to size but made it 1/4 inch too big on each side so it doesn't fit. This project was supposed to be done over a weekend. I'm now on week three with the van torn apart :(
Sounds normal for van electrical projects.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump! 800 shipping for the inverter charger, $700 if picked up in Vegas or surrounding area. Killer deal for a great inverter with remote panel (I even found the manuals!). This is a low frequency inverter so has much higher surge capacity and run cooler:

Low frequency power inverters got the name of “low frequency” because they use high speed power transistors to invert the DC to AC, but drive transistors at the same frequency (60 Hz or 50Hz) as the AC sine wave output.
High frequency power inverters typically drive the transistors at a high frequency closer to 50 KHz or higher.
When delivering the same amount of power, for example, the 6KW low frequency inverter transformer outputs more power at each cycle, so it is required to work harder, resulting in larger and heavier transformer and package.
In contrary, a 6Kw high frequency inverter delivers less power at each cycle, allowing for a smaller and lighter transformer and package.
But the compact design comes with a price.
With its smaller transformer, high frequency inverters typically surge at a lower rate, and/or for shorter periods of time than its low frequency counterparts.

$225 for the MPPT with remote and battery monitor (and manuals)!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. Only the solar controller with battery monitor and shunt is left. OBO!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts