1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BRAND NEW SUNROOF KIT
PERFECT FIT FOR YOUR PROMASTER!

I was going to install this in the factory designated spot, but interior ceiling changes won't let me do that! (It was either the sunroof or a disco ball! :D)
Catalog Number: AP1530B5H

Frame Size: 16-3/16" (411 mm) x 31-3/16" (792 mm) Glass Size: 13-5/8" (346 mm) x 28-5/8" (727 mm) Cut Out Size: 15-1/8" (384 mm) x 30-1/8" (765 mm) Ship Via: Can Ship UPS Shipping Weight: 16 lb (7.26kg)
This roof kit was ordered a while back and is still in the CRL shipping box. The parts are all shrink wrapped to a piece of cardboard from the factory. Change of my plans allow me to offer this for the same deal I got it for, which seems to be better than current prices.

Just $198 plus shipping from CT 06484... to calculate shipping, it's 16 lbs and the box is 36" x 20" x 3"... UPS will ship it.

Not my pictures.... borrowed from another thread from danvandam... thanks DVD!

Please email me... [email protected] for info
Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JB,

It's "hand-powered". A power roof would need a whole lot more installation work and would add significantly to the thickness of the installation. I haven't seen a power version for most vehicles except for factory installed.

On the plus side, it is easily removable. My original concept was to use it as a vent and skylight, and with a few clicks, the glass lifts off. This would provide a way to access the roof with a step stool inside the van. Good for an occasional wash, and an easy way to reach stuff on the roof.

My TV position and somewhat complicated ceiling setup make it hard to implement. For a regular install, it's about 2 hours...no goop, just a clamping, height-adjustable trim ring.

·
Registered
810 Posts
thanks PE for the reply.
Is the 'handle' reachable from the drivers seat?
Would I be able to open and close it while driving?
Thanks

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Are you 7'3" ?
... with the arms of a gorilla?

Sorry, JB this mounts over the back area, not over the cab area..... quite a backward reach, even more so on a hi roof PM

But, it would be a nice way to get air to flow from the front windows back... and let in some of that great St. Louis sunshine! (The Arch was my favorite stop on a camping trip in 1974 with my 72 Dodge Tradesman van.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts