Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Promaster (2015) and am looking for a front window covering that goes on the outside of the vehicle. I live in an area with lots of tree and bird droppings. Looking for something that I can put over the front.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,702 Posts
Magnets??? they don't stick to glass !!!

>:D

Actually, when we were at the RV show in Hershey, there was a company that was selling heavy duty windshield covers custom-cut to the particular model of RV that you own. They have all kinds of graphics, like googly eyes, etc. They have about 6 round tabs about the size of a quarter that you stick to the windshield on the inside and they correspond to magnets sewn into the cover on the outside. Really nice setup! Easy to attach with a small rod, even on the big class A units with the gigantic windshields. Yes, they had 'em for Promasters too.

https://magneshade.com/

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yimmeny! For $400 I could make an R-8 Aerogel insulated reflective ground cloth window wrap!

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
I wonder how they get all those $1 bills to stick together and form a cover? My granddaughters would use tape and glue ;)

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
$400! @#*^%*#@#$^

I’d go MsNomer’s Tyvek route as I would forever get such a thrill from knowing I took it off the left over 9’ roll left from my latest building project. It would probably say “Lowes” or Home Depot” or Allen Lumber” and I’d be proud to show that off.

I have decided there are two kinds of people:
1. Those like me who get a good result by spending nothing or so little it becomes bragging material.
2. Those like many of my friends who spend a small fortune and feel smug thinking they must have something better because they paid more.

These can also be named,”cheapskate” and “damnfool"

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
Cheapskates can spend money when they HAVE to.

Anyone want a piece of “Everbilt” house wrap? It’s 9’ wide by window height long (you tell me how much to cut off the roll) and does say Everbilt on it. It is white and softer and more flexible than Tyvek or Typar I will send you the piece folded in a letter sized envelope with the postage listed on the outside and you send me back the postage? PM me with request of what you need up to 6’. Magnets and a bit of time to trim to your window’s shape and you’ll be braggin’

Yes KOV I will save you a piece!

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Thanks but I have bigger things to worry about in life - plus I have a roll somewhere in my garage ;)

Off to the dump searing for more "treasures"!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts