Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I remember someone posting the fact that they bought a one piece non-Ram, no logo floor mat for the front driver/passenger area. I am interested in a carpet version, not the rubber or Weathertech style.

There's the Ram product and Lloyds makes one. I'm looking into the LLoyd version before buying and seem to recall that someone had posted their thoughts on the LLoyd's version along with some pics. Of course, a search has not helped any.

If I get the Ram version, I recall some with a long tail and some with a short tail to fit between the seats... part number from someone that has purchased the long version, please.

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I bought the Loyds with the long tail off ebay and got their cheaper model which is a loop carpet. It is very nice and has stood up well but after a year and a half there is some wear where my heal runs the go pedal. It does not look bad but will have a lifetime due to that. Many carpet makers put a vinyl heal mat there. I am happy and it was very reasonable. You may not have seen it when we met.

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=279594&postcount=94

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ed, If the "long" tail Mopar version is a tail roughly to the back of the front seat tracks, it is part #82214968 . Decent quality rubber backed carpet, as most OEM mats are. I cannot attest to longevity as mine are 2 months old. ~$97 with shipping from Quirkparts.com. Probably roughly the same from other online Mopar OEM parts folks.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
I bought the Loyds with the long tail off ebay and got their cheaper model which is a loop carpet. It is very nice and has stood up well but after a year and a half there is some wear where my heal runs the go pedal. It does not look bad but will have a lifetime due to that. Many carpet makers put a vinyl heal mat there. I am happy and it was very reasonable. You may not have seen it when we met.

I agree with RD. My experience had been the same with the Loyds mat. But if you can get the factory mat for $10-$15 more it's certainly worth considering. The only negative to the Loyds mat is the lack of a heel pad which causes undo wear in that one spot.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So apparently the mind hasn't gone completely! I remember the Lloyds mats but couldn't remember that I saw RD's and KOV's last summer.

Thanks to all for the info (and part number, PJ). Now I have to decide soon... it appears that Santa may have it in his sack for me!

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
Ed, have Santa bring the Velotex Loyd’s mat. Probably softer and nicer than my loop carpet and still <$70 with shipping. If the heal area wears replace it in 3 or 4 years. Keep that new carpet smell!
See http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carpet-Velo...m19f16dd4b3:m:myceDdk6zUra1iq6a3HJqLA&vxp=mtr
I found this seller to be very good and answered my question on shape quickly, it had the long tail for between the seats. It was shipped right from Loyd’s and arrived in about a week. Merry Christmas!
RD

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RD,

Good info but it's showing at $103.90 for the one piece unit and the eBay site says it won't fit my 2014. The 2 piece mats are $69. Does that sound right? I sent him a message.

I was looking at Ebony, a bit darker than the van floor, which looks like "smoke" to me.

Your thoughts?
Ed

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
As I recall I paid about $70-$80 for a one piece one from them in February (from eBay)

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I messaged him too but I don't remember what I paid... I believe 70-80 for the one piece, promaster specific with tail for between the seats, free shipping too. I didn’t want a logo as my rebadged van is Fiat. I remember the picture was wrong on the website but I had a model # or schematic from the Loyd’s site and got an affirmative so I ordered it. Maybe this will help:

Check out this post:
I think the C5489 is the loop carpet I ordered and it’s the same seller so he sould be able to get any. Lloyd’s does not sell direct I believe. Good luck.
RD

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RD, Good info!

So yours is the Classic Loop, which explains the price difference. The Velourtex looks nice but seems almost too "plush" for a van (even the nice ones like ours!:D)

I'm gonna compare to the RAM mats and make a decision.

Thanks

Ed

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts