Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reviewing the LeisureLines.net website today and happen to take a look at the link they had for Ducato/ProMaster Vans. I'm getting ready to start my build in April and had pretty much convinced myself that we would use Jerry can's to store our fresh water and gray water but am reconsidering this after seeing this custom built tank. It's notched to allow for the ribs in the floor and is designed to fit between the main supports and the emergency brake assembly. They have from 14 to 20 gal tanks. I'll check to see if they'll ship these to the US. My build will have a garage storage area and don't want to use it for a water tanks. I've seen the tank that's shaped to go over and around the tire cove but will keep my options open.

https://leisurelines.net/x250-xl-fresh-water-tank-kit--white-filler-cap-ducato-relay-boxer-extra-long-wheel-base-motorhome-4092-p.asp

·
Registered
61 Posts
Grey Water Tank.

I purchased one of those tanks but have not installed it yet. Got into a giant house project that put the van on hold for a few months. I purchased it from eBay and the seller was caravan-accessories. Quality is very good and I am glad I got it. Came with all the mounting hardware etc. I would recommend it if you want an under vehicle tank. I searched for quite awhile for any tank that might work under the Promaster and even considered building one but decided on the CAK tank and am glad I did. My van is a 136 and I cannot remember if the same tank fits yours or not. It has been a few months since I received it. Looks like it installs in an hour or two.

Link to the one I purchased:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waste-Water-Tank-Kit-For-Ducato-Boxer-Relay-XLWB-X250-290-Campervan/282623292350?hash=item41cda933be:g:LTsAAOSwLr1cB6AH:rk:2:pf:0

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Tonite I went out to start the van.... 2 degrees out!

Then I saw this thread. I remember wondering why many RVs have tank heating blankets.... ahhh, I see! Do any of the self installed tanks provide for a heating system if needed?

Just wondering... my grey water tank and porta potti are inside the van (and we don't camp below 32 degrees.)

·
Registered
220 Posts
They have really great prices on the combo burner and sink, the faucet for them and seat swivels. You could save a bundle on those items.

The Ebay store also sells the burners (search Hob in their store) but the not the X250 swivel.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here's a pic of the tank. I couldn't get it linked properly in my original post. Glad to know that they've shipped to the US. I've sent them a few quote request for swivels and the tanks but haven't received a response. I guess business is just that good.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The kit says it comes with breathers. Yes you'd have to be able to let the air out of the crowns. The only detail we can see is in this link but it doesn't give any pics. I'm curious if the inlets and drain lines are already drilled and also what the locking filler cap looks like. Maybe VanDiesel can attach some pics of his. I'm not set on this but it looks promising. Has anyone seen similar design here in the USA?

Update: I receive a quote for shipping cost.

Two tanks (20 & 14 gal) and two CTA swivels shipped to MidWest is £130 This makes the tanks shipping the tanks only an extra £50

Two CTA Swivels by themselves £80 Swivels will take 4-5 weeks before shipping for anyone interested. Two swivels are £194+£80 shipping= $357 US

This is the link to the locking filler cap. I'll import pic later. https://leisurelines.net/round-short-black-40mm-filler-b-324-p.asp

·
Registered
148 Posts
Agreed - more pics required, but interest is piqued. This is larger than the solution I had planned for and won't interfere with the emergency brake which is a huge plus.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Cak Tank Pictures

I will post some pics of the tank and parts that came with it "BUT" it will have to be in a few days from now. Sorry, but I am out of town and will not be back until Saturday. I will shoot for Sunday to post pictures.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can tank photo

The CAK tank I have measures 44 inches long by 13 inches wide by 9 inches deep. The part of the tank that hangs down under the frame is 6 inches and the part between the cross members is 3 inches high. Has an inlet on EACH side and an outlet on one end. Comes with all the mounting hardware shown. The brackets hook to existing holes in the van frame. Also has 3 or more feet of drain hose and a valve so the kit is pretty complete. You will need to add an inlet hose from your sink or shower to the tank. The quality is a very good poly tank. I like this tank kit. Shipping was fairly quick. They do ship to the US.
Hope this answers you questions.

Link to tank.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waste-Water-Tank-Kit-For-Ducato-Boxer-Relay-XLWB-X250-290-Campervan/282623292350

Attachments

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tank vent

The 3 white spots on the top of the tank appear to be low profile vents. I have not tested them. I plan to use the second intake on the opposite side of tank for a vent.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to make a template using the different profiles for their fresh and waster water tanks. I did a quick measurement of my undercarriage and my distance between my exhaust and the floor is 7 3/4" towards the front and 8" towards the rear. These may not fit the Gassers unless the exhaust is rerouted. I also have the Rear Sway Bar which may also take up space needed. All of my measurements will be based on a 159" WB. The waste tank may fit but the fresh water is in question depending on size and orientation.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks Corndog, that'd be very useful! I'm personally interested in the waste water tank more than the fresh. I've already come to terms with having the fresh water tank inside the van for added 'weather proofing.' It's easier to deal with frozen grey lines as you can just dump some hot water down with the valve open.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks Corndog, that'd be very useful! I'm personally interested in the waste water tank more than the fresh. I've already come to terms with having the fresh water tank inside the van for added 'weather proofing.' It's easier to deal with frozen grey lines as you can just dump some hot water down with the valve open.
My thoughts also....

1 - 20 of 49 Posts