Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe me or not, it took me 14 years to figure out how I can get a free shower while I am crossing America.

Well, it is not exactly free, you have to accumulate 50 gallons of gas on your Pilot/Flying J Reward Card. So, you get to smell better after 1,000 miles of driving!

Makes you feel like a professional driver too! So good to hear "Client #432 , your shower is now ready" :)

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the showers nice?
Sure, you get a nice room with toilet/shower/towels, cleaned after each user. Worth $12 if you pay at the cash.

Make sure you get the little booklet that tells you where the Pilot/Flying J are located.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I used to drive OTR years ago. I can attest to the showers being very clean. Most of the time it smelled of chlorine. They chlorinate the showers after each user. This was back in '93

·
Registered
9 Posts
Believe me or not, it took me 14 years to figure out how I can get a free shower while I am crossing America.

Well, it is not exactly free, you have to accumulate 50 gallons of gas on your Pilot/Flying J Reward Card. So, you get to smell better after 1,000 miles of driving!

Makes you feel like a professional driver too! So good to hear "Client #432 , your shower is now ready" :)
Are you sure it's 50 gallons, since I have a Pilot rewards card and every 14 gallons I get a half a shower.. Just thought I would pass that along

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That was funny, but each 14 gallons you get 1/2 shower therefore, instead of 50 gallons you only need 28 over 2'fuels. As long as you have the trucker or rv card
Ok, I get it, very useful to know, but I have the "reward card" maybe it doesn't work. I will check that out, thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 50 gallons might be because of the card being non CDL.. I don't know for sure, but I would check my shower balance and then fuel and see if it gives you a 1/2 shower credit.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Did anybody ever check this out how many gallons you have to have to get the free one?
We have the RV card and this would come in handy once in awhile

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks I will be signing up. Also I wont forget my yacht club membership card next trip as I think all clubs are open to members of visiting clubs and they have all the facilities. Wondering if you only pay for a 'social' member at a yacht club if that would get you in ?
That might get showers for a reasonable cost?

·
Registered
52 Posts
A Pilot Rewards Professional Driver card, which is what all expedite van (non cdl) drivers use, gives a half shower for every 14 gallons. We don't get any points for discounted purchases, but we do earn a free coffee after several coffee purchases (I think 8). When I first got my card, the pilot employee had to do something in the system, I don't know why, to set up the shower credits.

Free showers are at Pilot and Flying J. I don't know how this compares yo the rv card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're saying free showers on x amount of gas. I get -0- showers on Gas. Pilot says I have to buy Diesel to get Credit. I buy a massive amount of gas, and never got a single Shower Credit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts