Ram Promaster Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
What year is your van? Mine is a 2018, looks like I need some sort of adapter to bypass Something. Figured you did this already and would be able to walk me thru it.

I found someone to trade with before but since my airbag light came on I bailed and swapped back.

I'm willing to try on mine. I bought the OBDLink MX+ just need to figure out the software side of it.
You will need AlfaOBD, the "Yellow adapter cable" to access the BCM module, and possibly a 5 digit manufacturer key code.

My PM is 2015, not sure if the special 2018+ security stuff applies to PMs.
Should be most of the info you need in this AlfaOBD thread. Definitely some people with newer PMs using the app.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You will need AlfaOBD, the "Yellow adapter cable" to access the BCM module, and possibly a 5 digit manufacturer key code.

My PM is 2015, not sure if the special 2018+ security stuff applies to PMs.
Should be most of the info you need in this AlfaOBD thread. Definitely some people with newer PMs using the app.
Do you have a link for the yellow adapter cable?

·
Registered
34 Posts
No actually, I couldn't find any domestic and was in a hurry so i just bought pigtailed male/female OBD cables and soldered them up myself according to this pin swap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Currently running with NO SRS Light after bench-to-bucket swap, using only 3 resistors. Finally.
No dongle, no MOPAR assembly.

Been following this thread and experimenting on my own since starting my build in May.
See linked post below for the "why" behind this. Seat belt buckle spoof was the missing link, and for good reason.
Tricky ****

Heres a summary.

Center seat connector resistances [brackets include tested ranges]:
  • Occupancy Detection (white plug): 390 Ohm [360-400]
  • Seat Belt Pretensioner (half of yellow plug): 2.5 Ohm [2.3 - 3.2]
  • Seat Belt Buckle (half of yellow plug): 2300 Ohm [1900-4500]
Thanks for all the info and the link to the other thread!

I copied what another user did on that thread since I have a 2018 like he does and it worked like a charm. I didn't want to cut Occupancy Detection plug so I simply soldered the 390 ohm resister to the back of the plug since the pins on the connector are exposed there. I also learned that when getting a single seat at the junk yard I needed to pay attention to the seat belt receiver to make sure it wasn't in use during a crash. I couldn't be happier!

Here's my info...

2108 Pro 2500 136WB
  • Occupancy Detection (white plug): 390 Ohm
  • Seat Belt Pretensioner (half of yellow plug): 2.5 Ohm
  • Seat Belt Buckle (half of yellow plug): 470 Ohm
IMG_1250.jpg

Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for all the info and the link to the other thread!

I copied what another user did on that thread since I have a 2018 like he does and it worked like a charm. I didn't want to cut Occupancy Detection plug so I simply soldered the 390 ohm resister to the back of the plug since the pins on the connector are exposed there. I also learned that when getting a single seat at the junk yard I needed to pay attention to the seat belt receiver to make sure it wasn't in use during a crash. I couldn't be happier!

Here's my info...

2108 Pro 2500 136WB
  • Occupancy Detection (white plug): 390 Ohm
  • Seat Belt Pretensioner (half of yellow plug): 2.5 Ohm
  • Seat Belt Buckle (half of yellow plug): 470 Ohm
View attachment 65969

Thanks Again!!!
Happy my trials could be of service! And thanks for your notes, looks like your success concurs with the data we have accumulated so far.

Good point on the occupancy sensor solder-points. I think I just "secured" the resistors in the pin receptacles with some duct tape haha.

Funny you should mention the seat belt receiver. I ordered my bucket seat from a junkyard that sells parts online and it came with the receiver retracted. Fortunately the airbags had not been deployed and I was able to ship the receiver to a company that replaced the explosive charge for about $50.

Reactions: CompMan2020
61 - 65 of 65 Posts