Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run across a nice folding faucet? Im not into the folding faucet/sink/stove combos, nor the usual folding faucets for RV'ers.

Or maybe someone has a clever solution to making a faucet "disappear" when the sink is not in use and covered?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I think the folding RV faucet sink is about the easiest way to make the faucet disappear and turn the sink into useable counter space. Probably why they settled on that design and use it everywhere.
Any other solution would probably be overly complicated and not worth the effort.
Unless you just want to be different for the sake of being different. Then the sky is the limit.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Anybody run across a nice folding faucet? Im not into the folding faucet/sink/stove combos, nor the usual folding faucets for RV'ers.

Or maybe someone has a clever solution to making a faucet "disappear" when the sink is not in use and covered?
I have a huge sink; that can be covered easily with a “cutting board” as the sink has inside edges made for this. My faucet does not fold away, but does completely move out of the way. Photos on my build thread

·
Registered
546 Posts

i use a brass chemical sprayer on the end of plastic tubing. i can adjust flow down to a light mist which i use to wash dishes with just a couple of cups of water or put it on full blast and pull out the tubing to fill water bottles. i drilled out the hole in the brass sprayer slightly so there is little less pressure.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ha! A pot filler.
That would be a clever way to keep it out of the way and gain both counter and sink space. I little more work with routing the supply line, but clever.

·
Registered
667 Posts
You could hook it up to a hot/cold pre mixing machine with lots of valves and monitors and technology in it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The op wanted something that was not RV the pot filler fit the bill and cheap. But for you campers that most have hot water look at this not cheap.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Those weren't shots at you or the pot filler. Just having fun.
To be completely honest, if I didn't already have an idea for my setup, I would consider the pot filler. I never thought of it until you posted it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts