Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
MOPAR has a kit , lights , switch , wiring. But the dealer has to "activate" it. For aftermarket switches there is a ton of room behind the console/cupholder. 4 torx screws and a healthy tug pops it right out.
I attached an old "MUG BUOY" cupholder to the center on mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know how much they charge to activate it?
does it come with jacks on end of the wires and i have to snap in only or i have to cut wires and splice it? Does it come with wiring diagram ? i just dont wanna f uck up something man :) its brand new van.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Factory fog light switch plugs into the existing wiring under the radio. This switch controls outputs/wiring at the BCM which in turn operates the fog lights. When I installed mine I couldn't find the wiring under the hood so I located the outputs from the BCM and ran my own wiring.

I believe the dealer billed me about $65 CDN or so to activate the factory switch and wiring. They did this at the same time they completed an oil change.. so maybe I got a deal.. not sure.

·
Banned
413 Posts
I bought the Mopar fog light kit specific to the PM from eBay, then took it to the dealer for install. Install + activation was $65 USD out the door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Factory fog light switch plugs into the existing wiring under the radio. This switch controls outputs/wiring at the BCM which in turn operates the fog lights. When I installed mine I couldn't find the wiring under the hood so I located the outputs from the BCM and ran my own wiring.

I believe the dealer billed me about $65 CDN or so to activate the factory switch and wiring. They did this at the same time they completed an oil change.. so maybe I got a deal.. not sure.

i call dealer and they told me they cant install it. Its 2017 promaster and for lights are coming only like optional when you buy van. when i told them about kit from Mopar web site they told me they cant put it in.

so you are saying if i but this kit i can install lights and run wire and just plug it in behind radio? Then i have to go to dealer to activate it?
but whats up with switch on dash board to turn them on and off? where is that? i have to buy one and install or what? please help i need those lights

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my PM 2017 and it has the U-Connect 5.0. Theft is a hidden "Enginer" menu that is used to activate functions like rear speakers etc. The is very little documentation about it. It could also possible activate the OEM fog light system.

Does anyone have found all the codes for it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you mak
Did you happen to have the info on where the output is from the BCM ? thx :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts